Carven R series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timeless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I believe another user had a negative review due to the obnoxious noise while towing? Said he could not have a conversation with the passenger it was so loud.

Any thoughts or replies on this?

OP
OP
iceyivy

iceyivy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I believe another user had a negative review due to the obnoxious noise while towing? Said he could not have a conversation with the passenger it was so loud.

Any thoughts or replies on this?

Depends.... How soft spoken are you? I could imagine not being able to hear a conversation with a child in the back seat, since I have a RC I don't have that problem. I've had a couple passengers since install and I can hear them just fine unless going from a dead stop to freeway speeds.

As for the obnoxious noise, I wouldn't know about that. Sounds great to me but I also haven't towed either.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mds while applying very little throttle is almost silent or what i can best describe as a putting sound. Once you raise rpm's you'll be able to hear quite a nice growl. At heavy acceleration it really screams.

On a positive note EVIC is showing a 1mpg incease in bumper to bumper.

Hmmmm...makes me wonder, but I worry over the size of this muffler versus the huge ass MF I have now...makes me think MDS will be an issue. For example I am usually on base doing 35 mph so MDS is prominent, and in the mornings in bump and go traffic, 2nd gear at times gets MDS. But I really need to hear this system from inside the cab while driving to understand this "unique" sound.

OP
OP
iceyivy

iceyivy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Hmmmm...makes me wonder, but I worry over the size of this muffler versus the huge ass MF I have now...makes me think MDS will be an issue. For example I am usually on base doing 35 mph so MDS is prominent, and in the mornings in bump and go traffic, 2nd gear at times gets MDS. But I really need to hear this system from inside the cab while driving to understand this "unique" sound.

Well seeing as how I am in the exact same situation as you I'll try to get some clips inside the cab putting around base tomorrow. Should be getting my samsung s6 too, so hopefully the audio will be alright. Now I have to figure out filming my cluster and driving at the same time.

I'd be lying if i told you i couldn't tell when MDS kicks in but I guess it's just a matter of individual opinion on how you think it sounds.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Love the Carven sound, I wish they would have had a bolt on muffler system when I was in the market. But they didn't unfortunately so I went with the Magnaflow 14'' set up and love it!

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
it's all perspective..some like it loud and they'll think the muffler is quiet (like this one)..with the resonators and cats still on it's probably ok for most...but in mds mode or towing..it'll sound like a boat. I run the biggest magnaflow available (5 x 11 x 22) because I want a quiet muscular tone at idle and normal driving and hear it when I get on it...because I run cutouts, I can be really obnoxious and turn heads at the track... with cutouts open, it sounds like muscle :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFls_d6ckLY

but, my motor is a little different than others too :)