Changing to Carven TR mufflers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saskwatch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm looking at changing mufflers on my custom true dual setup that currently has 19" Borla Pro XS, X-pipe, JBA LT headers, stock cats and 5" tips. While this setup is super smooth and deep sounding, I am of course looking at changing things up.

I'm tempted to change to a pair of Carven TR mufflers but I am worried about them being much too loud. This is my DD and the current setup is very tolerable with 0 drone.

I just picked up a set of used TR but they are the older style that doesn't have the pillow pack technology or the louvre style insert. Instead, they have the older perforated core with the traditional style of packing. I was told the only difference will be the amount of time it takes for it to burn in.....

Any input would be great. At the end of the day I can always move to the 14" case of the Borla Pro XS and gain some volume there while keeping the same sound I have now. I don't want stupid loud and I don't want drone.

Thanks!!

OP
OP
Saskwatch

Saskwatch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The silence....it’s deafening!!

Perhaps a sign that these TR mufflers will be too loud and I should stick with the borla.

Ridgerunner665

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got one ordered for my otherwise completely stock truck but I haven't received it yet, and it'll be somewhere around the first of October before I get time to put it on anyway.

That's all I got... just to say I decided to try it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk