Check Engine Light - Service Bulletin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisb38002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just an FYI for everyone. I have seen some recent posts about check engine lights, so thought I would post what recently happened to mine.
Back in November I started the truck one morning and the CEL stayed on. The dealership testing came up with a P0456 code - Evap system leak. They replaced the fuel cap and everything was fine.
Well, this past Saturday, same thing, start the truck and CEL stays on. Lucky for me the dealerhip service department works on Saturdays, so I take it straight there. Diagnostic shows the same code, P0456.
Service manager tells me that Chrysler recently issued a TSB for this, that the ECM has a small glitch somewhere and it is not reading a sensor correctly, thinking there is a leak in the fuel evaperative system. They did a PCM flash to correct the glitch. So far so good.
Mine is a 2013, not sure what time frame trucks this affects. If you are having the CEL issue with this code, may want to check with your dealer service department about the TSB.:birgits_tiredcoffee

apepe0738

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks for posting this. I have not personally had this issue [yet?] but I will keep an eye out for it...

PRammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This just happened with mine as well. they did the flash to clear it

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
Just an FYI for everyone. I have seen some recent posts about check engine lights, so thought I would post what recently happened to mine.
Back in November I started the truck one morning and the CEL stayed on. The dealership testing came up with a P0456 code - Evap system leak. They replaced the fuel cap and everything was fine.
Well, this past Saturday, same thing, start the truck and CEL stays on. Lucky for me the dealerhip service department works on Saturdays, so I take it straight there. Diagnostic shows the same code, P0456.
Service manager tells me that Chrysler recently issued a TSB for this, that the ECM has a small glitch somewhere and it is not reading a sensor correctly, thinking there is a leak in the fuel evaperative system. They did a PCM flash to correct the glitch. So far so good.
Mine is a 2013, not sure what time frame trucks this affects. If you are having the CEL issue with this code, may want to check with your dealer service department about the TSB.:birgits_tiredcoffee

I had the same exact problems as you stated. Only Difference is the first time it happened on Mid December, and again just a few days ago. The Reflash cleared the code, but since It happened again I haven't brought it back to the dealer yet.

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
mine did it a few days ago but it was a different code #. But it did refer to the Evap system.

I have the trinity so I tightened up the gas cap and cleared the trouble code. hasn't come up again