CJC power wagon purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm thinking they will be going with the Carli Dominator King 3.0 Kit.....$9805 if you add all the options! I'm sure it's over $10K installed :eek:

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I'm thinking they will be going with the Carli Dominator King 3.0 Kit.....$9805 if you add all the options! I'm sure it's over $10K installed :eek:
More like 20k installed hahaha.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think that they do come up with some nice truck’s, so far as building any Power Wagon our work is pretty much done for us. We can do some lift’s, minor suspension mods, larger tires, different wheels, exhaust etc.... but how many of us have the kind of money to truly build a truck to it’s functional limit’s.Who takes out the diff’s and throw’s in Dana 60’s or 70’s., hydraulic steering, long travel suspension, full cages, etc....It’s nice to have the money to do all of that but out of the Box a Power Wagon is the only truck of it’s kind and that’s why we bought it.

i feel lifting these trucks more than 1 to 1.5" is a mistake. the front end geometry stays in check so it still drives like a dream and its not turned into a useless top heavy mall queen. imo thuren 1.5 front/ rear springs with 37s really is the best route. nice boost in overall ground clearance, nice ride and a bit of extra suspension flex.
as for the axles. ill take our latest gen aam every day of the week. d70 isnt even near the same category as the 11.5 in these trucks. d70 more close in comparison to sterling 10.5 in the ford. electric 9.25 has similar shafts and joints as current ford d60 but i much prefer our front end design as it doesnt have death wobble like the ford. ya after market favors dana but our bases are covered . three companies offering 5.13. three options for diff cover protection. three options for heavyduty ball joint. hardly nobody mentions upgrading winching equipment but thats where some of the best money is spent

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agree with most posts above. I enjoy watching the CJC videos and they have nice trucks.....but they are all the same basic template with bolt-on high-end suspensions, tires and wheels, and probably gears. Biggest "custom" modification they do is trimming the inner fenderwells. Again, nothing wrong with that and the trucks are pretty sweet, plus that is what the majority of people want. Not too many people buying a $50k - $70k truck and wanting to go bash it on a hardcore trail.

My prediction for the PW is the top of the line Carli suspension with 38's, gears, bumpers and sliders.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agreeably so on the above, as I’ve seen they actually put 38’s on the Carli Pintop already and I believe it was a 2020, not a Power Wagon and can’t remember if it was a diesel or not. Either way I believe in proven platform’s, Ie; Jeep Wrangler and our Power Wagon, being built and sold for their primary purpose which is Offroad.
I do get a kick out of people when they talk about their Jeep, their Truck not being comfortable, and god forbid they get it dirty or take it on trail let alone do some real wheeling with it. Ha, well figure out why you bought it, If you want a something that drives like a “Cadillac” then buy a damn Cadillac. Lol.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agreeably so on the above, as I’ve seen they actually put 38’s on the Carli Pintop already and I believe it was a 2020, not a Power Wagon and can’t remember if it was a diesel or not. Either way I believe in proven platform’s, Ie; Jeep Wrangler and our Power Wagon, being built and sold for their primary purpose which is Offroad.
I do get a kick out of people when they talk about their Jeep, their Truck not being comfortable, and god forbid they get it dirty or take it on trail let alone do some real wheeling with it. Ha, well figure out why you bought it, If you want a something that drives like a “Cadillac” then buy a damn Cadillac. Lol.
I agree. Perfect example is a guy at work that goes through vehicles faster than toilet paper. Always owns 2-3 vehicles (all new or only a few years old, not like old beaters or project cars) at a time and has probably bought and sold 30+ in the last 6-7 years. Last year he bought a Wrangler Rubicon two door.....he has never been off-roading or had any intent to do so, only bought it because it looked cool. He complained about how it wasn't very comfortable on the highway, blah, blah, blah and traded it in a month after he bought it.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree. Perfect example is a guy at work that goes through vehicles faster than toilet paper. Always owns 2-3 vehicles (all new or only a few years old, not like old beaters or project cars) at a time and has probably bought and sold 30+ in the last 6-7 years. Last year he bought a Wrangler Rubicon two door.....he has never been off-roading or had any intent to do so, only bought it because it looked cool. He complained about how it wasn't very comfortable on the highway, blah, blah, blah and traded it in a month after he bought it.

I’d have to admit that I have had about 20 different car’s in 40 years of driving but that’s as my Wife and I were always a two income family and we needed 2 cars. All the of the earlier ones were bought cash and didn’t last long as I’d fix’em and trade up. I’ve only been attached to 3 of them. 1 was my 1970 Olds 442 which I had 10 yrs and sold it for our home purchase. My 2nd was my 06 TJ 4” Lift, 35’s super Dana 44’s, winch, etc....the work’s Andy that’s thing was a beast off road. I had it close to 7 years and sold to a guy that wouldn’t stop hounding me to sell it, he paid dearly for that, lol. My Current 12 Power Wagon is my favorite Truck by far, when I purchased it my Wife told my Daughter’s they finally made a truck specifically for you Father that he doesn’t have to do anything to. Ha, she was the first one to say, “You gotta put bigger tires on it,” lol, little does she know!

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
That's the exact PW I'd want!
And, other than the exhaust, I doubt I'd change a thing and it would still be overkill for anything I'll ever require it to do...