Class III Front Receiver Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparkz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone installed a Class III front receiver hitch on a 2018 Ram?

Anyone installed one that didn't/doesn't require ANY modifications to the front facia or other trim?

If so which brand did you go with?

TIA

markusaf81

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone installed a Class III front receiver hitch on a 2018 Ram?

Anyone installed one that didn't/doesn't require ANY modifications to the front facia or other trim?

If so which brand did you go with?

TIA

I did.

Curt Manufacturing 31374

So, per the instructions, you can install this without cutting the front air dam. The notes on amazon said it had to be cut but the instruction I got with it said it didn’t. So any brand you get that doesn’t require cutting simply pushes the air dam up. To me, the air dam doesn’t cost that much so I chose to cut mine, also, it seems to sort of blend in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If it doesn’t push the air dam up under the bumper or you don’t have to cut anything it is going to hang down extremely low. Something that leaves the bumper intact but requires the air damn to be cut would be the best so it isn’t constantly banging into curbs and things.

markusaf81

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it doesn’t push the air dam up under the bumper or you don’t have to cut anything it is going to hang down extremely low. Something that leaves the bumper intact but requires the air damn to be cut would be the best so it isn’t constantly banging into curbs and things.

Yup.

I didn’t measure but essentially you are putting a metal 2.25 inch block under your front bumper, I cut out about an inch to an inch and a half of the air dam so I lost at least an inch of “clearance.” However, I’ve got a leveling kit on the front and you can barely see it. Really wouldn’t want one to sit much lower then that, other then losing clearance I think it would look a little odd.
6caf2c554dfe29ad509f45be7b1a7efe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk