Climate control screen responding intermittently

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dquirk90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I have a 2017 ram 1500 with Uconnect 8.4. For about a month now when I start up the truck the climate control screen will say OFF and and will not respond, however the AC/heat will still be running whatever setting it was at when I turned the truck off. If I try to adjust the fan speed with the knob it will respond but there is a delay and the screen will still say OFF. If i press the AC or defrost button I get the same response. Sometimes the screen will start operating normally on it's own other times I have had to reset it to factory settings. The reset fixes the issue 50% of the time the other 50% I have to reset it again. Half the time when I start the truck up I have none of these issues. Over the past week I have noticed that the issue has been more frequent and also there has been a few times where it operates normally and then during the drive I will have to go through the reset process. So far I have tried disconnecting the battery and doing the reset from the engineering menu. It's hard to say if this has had any actual effect. Any suggestions on fixes would be great before I take it to the dealership on Wed.​

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
It's possible the problem is with HVAC module which is on the right side of the passenger foot well under the dash. The radio get the HVAC information from there via a LIN bus.

OP
OP
dquirk90

dquirk90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for the reply. I am pretty new to this. How do I get the information from or via the lin bus