Confused about retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaycabral27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys I had a question regarding a retrofit. I have a 2015 ram with quads and non projectors. I want to retrofit to projectors so I was gonna get the morimoto mini h1 projectors. I'm just confused as to what bulbs it would take once the retrofit is done. If my truck takes h11s now does it take h1 bulbs after the retrofit? Also how does the two wires get wired in. Do you tap into the existing oem harness or is there a connector for it? I watched many retrofits and no one really shows where the two wires connect to and what bulbs they used after the retrofit. Sorry if these are dumb questions just wanna get my info right before I order everything

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys I had a question regarding a retrofit. I have a 2015 ram with quads and non projectors. I want to retrofit to projectors so I was gonna get the morimoto mini h1 projectors. I'm just confused as to what bulbs it would take once the retrofit is done. If my truck takes h11s now does it take h1 bulbs after the retrofit? Also how does the two wires get wired in. Do you tap into the existing oem harness or is there a connector for it? I watched many retrofits and no one really shows where the two wires connect to and what bulbs they used after the retrofit. Sorry if these are dumb questions just wanna get my info right before I order everything
Plug and play, the ballast input will be the same as factory h11, ouput from ballast to h1 hid bulb uses standard amp connecters same as most general hid bulbs

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You'll use H1's. Only option.

Are you referring to the solenoid 2 wires?

OP
OP
jaycabral27

jaycabral27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I'm referring to the solenoid wires the black and red. Okay so I have to buy an h1 hid kit to go along with the morimoto mini h1 projectors

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes I'm referring to the solenoid wires the black and red. Okay so I have to buy an h1 hid kit to go along with the morimoto mini h1 projectors
Yes, for the solenoid they come with a 9005 plug, you neef to buy a high beam splitter, it has one input and 2 output plugs, one will go to your high beams and the other will go to the solenoid

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Retroshop.us has the info and gear you need. Plus his customer service is top notch. Email him what you want and JJ will make it happen.

madpuma13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you're doing it yourself, retrofitsource.com will have everything you need including the harnesses and bulbs.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk