Considering an '01 24v 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PatinAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I found an '01 2500 4x4 for sale locally I'm considering. The truck has 160k miles. I'd be using it for DD and towing a travel trailer.

I have zero diesel experience so I'm hoping to get some feed back on what work the seller is stating-
New transmission with Billet Torque Converter (will produce receipt).
-AirDog lift pump(will produce receipt).
-New ac system (will produce receipt).
-Two new batteries (will produce receipt).
-Brand new VP44 pump from bluechip (will produce receipt).
-4" exhausted from Black Diamond (will produce receipt).

I know how notorious the transmissions are, but I'm not sure about the rest.

Is the 53 block a concern with this year truck?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

BWC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
The new transmission, airdog pump, and vp44 are good to have new with these trucks. Its hard to say if it will be a good truck without checking it out and what not. I wouldn't be scared about the 53 block thing. Do you know for sure if it has a 53 block?

Kinda confused on what else you're asking. A airdog/fass fuel pump is a must on these truck in my opinion. Like I said they replaced most of the stuff that would typically go out on them. Do you have a picture of the truck?

recian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 24v
I wouldn't worry too much about the trans. They're not as notorious as you might think. First thing you can do is drop the pan, change the fluid and filter. Separate the filter and check for clutch material. Get a feel for the trans's history and life then adjust the bands and re-assemble. The forward band adjustment is critical to long life and the key failure point and can be done without dropping the pan but Reverse is in the pan