Customer Satisfaction Notice Y40

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Has anyone else got one of these? And if so, do you have any info on what changes they are making to the Etorque and PCM?

Attachments

• Y40.pdf
    169.7 KB · Views: 18

dsherman26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just got mine today. Just says it was an emissions related recall, and one of the updates was so that permanent DTCs would clear properly. Since we have emission testing here I figure I might as well get it updated.

dsherman26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
FYI, took them about an hour, although they said it could take a few hours. No difference that I can tell.

OP
OP
clay282

clay282

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
FYI, took them about an hour, although they said it could take a few hours. No difference that I can tell.
Thanks for the reply. Mine runs fine but after my last dealer visit and they tried to pad an oil change with $1200 worth of extras… I’m even more distrustful than before.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks for the reply. Mine runs fine but after my last dealer visit and they tried to pad an oil change with $1200 worth of extras… I’m even more distrustful than before.
I would never get an oil change at a dealer. As a matter of fact, dealers are for warranty work and recalls, period. IMHO, of course.

OP
OP
clay282

clay282

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I would never get an oil change at a dealer. As a matter of fact, dealers are for warranty work and recalls, period. IMHO, of course.
%100 agree BUT! I have a RAM Mastercard and it earns points that can be converted to cash. Points are doubled if you use them at a dealer service department. If the local dealer runs an oil, filter and tire deal for $50, especially in winter, I’ll use them since it’s free. Now that it’s warmer, I’ll be back to doing it myself. The V6 is the easiest oil n filter ever if you have a vacuum for fluid. 15 minutes, full synthetic + filter and done every 7000.