Cutting belltech's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okcrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi, 8 speed R/T
Has anyone on here cut could off their bell tech springs? If so, how much did you cut off and how much did it lower it? Pros and cons? Thanks!

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Idk of pros and cons but a bunch of members have cut their spings. I would start buy cutting 1/4 off the spring in front and 1/2 in the rear. I say this because people have said that the belltech sits lower than the mcgaughys

HOTRODHARLEY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
If you want to go low don't even waste time with a 1/4 coil here 1/2 there. Do 3/4 coil in the front and a full coil in the rear. It will end up a 3"/5" drop instead of a 2"/4".

The only cons are a little rougher ride and next to no suspension travel. Those are minor minor CON's considering the PRO is a wicked killer stance..!!!

Last edited:

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i cut half a coil up front and 1.5 in the back to make a 3/5.5 drop like mentioned above a little stiffer but looks make up the difference lol

OP
OP
O

okcrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi, 8 speed R/T
I will probably end up cutting them this week or next! Thanks for the input. I will post pics, before and after. Any other suggestions you guys have???

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Shorter bump stops if you haven't thought of that

HOTRODHARLEY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
What exactly are those and what do they do?

If you purchased a complete Belltech kit it will have the proper shorter bumpstops. They are a foam/rubber bumper that prevents your suspension from bottoming out. Which you will this low.

And if you don't have the complete kit get it. You have to have to use proper lowering/shorter shocks.