cv pulled apart?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
so i am in the process of putting my truck back together and I can't get the damn knuckle up to the upper control arm. did I maybe let the cv overextend and come apart? im lost, never had this happen ever:shooter: or maybe it's a damn dodge thing? if it did come apart can it be fixed? the cv spin and the driveshaft moves tho?

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

ATOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
i figured it out, i guess if you push in on the cv and rotate it backwards it slips back together.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I pilled mine apart when I did my level and got it back together and seems I have no issues. THere should be enough grease inside to keep it all together so the insides of the CV sould stay together.

OP
OP
A

ATOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
so i put my bilsteins on today and the ******** thing came apart again. won't go back together. might have tore the boot even trying. going to grab a new boot tomorrow at the dealer and put it back together. is there anything goofy with these cv's? this is my 1st IFS dodge and going to be my last..

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just had my whole front end apart for the RCX 6" kit and no problems. Did you take the nut off the spindle when you put the bilsteins in or did you try to swing it out of the way?

I could see it popping out if you left the nut on the CV where it meets the spindle/hub assembly.