Front end problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevin8322

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright guys I'm new to this forum thing so hang with me this might be a little long but I want to get it all in here.
I have a 2006 4x4 4 door with 5.7. Haven't had the truck very long. Everything on the front other then cv axles has been replaced. Upper control arms lower control arms struts tie rod ends 3 days after I got it while fix an exhaust leak I notice the front axle housing right where the 4x4 actuator bolts on was busted badly. So I ordered one off ebay and changed it out. Now here's the problem passenger side went together perfect driver side not so good I'm fighting the axle to spin right it's like there's so much travel it's binding the cv I did get it together but has a horrible shake at around 60 4 wheel drive works great in reverse now forward it kicks out every time on first attempt last night I went and got a new axle ad now it won't spin at all started it with all 4s off the ground in 4wheel real easy and bout bounced right off the stands I'm lost here sorry for so long of thread just didn't want to forget anything all it does have a leveling kit thanks

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Did you do all of the work on the front end or did a mechanic do part of it? As many things as you have going on something is probly loose/out of adjustment. Going to be hard to narrow down. You getting underneath and seeing what you can get to shake by hand that's not supposed to would be my start.

OP
OP
K

kevin8322

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the new parts was already on the truck so idk who did the work. But I replace the front axle housing so had it all apart anyways there's something going on, on that driver side. Passenger side went together smooth. Driver side once together u can't spin the axle. So after I pulled the driver side again once spindle and hub bearing is off the axle spins freely while passenger side on the ground but it's just that axle the front drive shaft doesn't spin with it which I thank is normal or should the drive shaft spin while spinning the driver side by hand

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Are you overtightening the axle nut ? [Torque spec 185 ftlb] Is the bind in the hub bearing or axle shaft?