Czn you add mobile remote start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livinfast85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I just purchased my 2019 Laramie 1500 less than a week ago and am really unhappy with the distance on the factory remote start from the key fob. Does anyone know if you can add remote start that works from your phone on the uconnect without navigation? Thanks in advance!

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Yes.

OP
OP
Livinfast85

Livinfast85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
  • Okay I wanted to give an update so that this thread doesn't stay open ended. After speaking with Mopar/ Chrysler car, if you have the Uconnect 4 with the 8.4" that did not come with navigation (which is what my truck has) then you are out of luck. This radio IS NOT UPGRADABLE/ COMPATIBLE with uconnect access or the Chrysler navigation. As of now, if you want these features you HAVE TO BUY IT FACTORY INSTALLED on the truck when you buy it from the dealer. Hopefully someone in the near future will have an add on module.

Mehgyver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
Isnt navigation just a 500 dollar addon app you can turn on in your uconnect by calling and buying the service? Why would not having it affect anything? Unless Im missing something.

OP
OP
Livinfast85

Livinfast85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Isnt navigation just a 500 dollar addon app you can turn on in your uconnect by calling and buying the service? Why would not having it affect anything? Unless Im missing something.

No it is not anymore. They changed it. Like I said above. You can no longer add it.