Dash Lights/Guages Stay Illuminated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tackdriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My wife came in last night and told me my gauges were lit in the Ram. Sure enough the center display was glowing white and the gauges were lit up. I hadn't used the truck all day but did lower the air suspension mid day when a friend stopped by. Just wondering if anyone else had experienced this. I started the truck a few times and they remained on after shut down. I was able to get them off by starting the engine and raising the suspension to normal ride height. Not sure if that was just coincidence or not but the suspension was the only thing I had fiddled with that day.

OP
OP
tackdriver

tackdriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I guess when the majority of your Ram User Guide falls under "electronics" we can expect to get a lot of this.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i've seen mine do this once, never did figure out why they stayed on and they didn't go out till i started the truck again about 15 min later and i've never had a problem since

OP
OP
tackdriver

tackdriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i've seen mine do this once, never did figure out why they stayed on and they didn't go out till i started the truck again about 15 min later and i've never had a problem since

Do you by any chance have the air suspension?

tackdriver

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you by any chance have the air suspension?

tackdriver

nope but it happened the day i brought it home and i was playing with the radio a bit before i got out so maybe that had something to do with it

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have noticed on mine that when I turn it off while the headlights are still on (auto setting), the dash lights stay on for the delay time the headlights remain on. If I recall correctly, the delay time is adjustable in the settings.

Maybe experiment with that setting?

OP
OP
tackdriver

tackdriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It had been 24 hours since the truck was started last.

BigSloth

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CCSB Black Express
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Old thread, but bump for the same problem.

I picked up a 14 black express 2 days ago, and this happened to me tonight. I unplugged my diablosport trinity and it stopped and hasn't done it since. If anyone has a tuner that's having this issue, I suggest unplugging it.

Still would be nice to know why you can't leave the damn thing plugged in. Its like whatever power the trinity draws from the DLC is keeping the BCM awake or maybe it's interfering with the CAN system. I'll try to dig deeper at work tomorrow, call some friends down at the dodge dealer.

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My V1 savvy does this sometimes. I just unplug it for a few minutes, plug it back in and the issue goes away. So twice in the last year.