Dash warning about front sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cajuntec

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thinking I might have a small problem that I'll have looked at during my first service for oil change...

When i come to a complete stop behind a vehicle, I will sometimes hear a chime and a message flashes on the screen really fast and then disappears. I kept paying attention, and I finally read it yesterday.

It quickly flashes something to the effect of "Front Parking Sensors not operating. Clean sensors". It's talking about the proximity sensors on the front of the truck, which I know work because they show how close I'm getting to stuff every day that I park in the garage. It's done it since day 1, when the truck was spotless, so i know the sensors weren't dirty.

Anyone else having similar issues?

All the best,
Glenn

OP
OP
cajuntec

cajuntec

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had my second issue yesterday - While driving home, I got a warning that the tire pressure system needed to be checked, with the drivers front reading showing as "-" instead of a number. Seconds later, all four tire pressures changed to "-". Drove straight to the dealer, explained the issues I've had, and agreed to set up an appointment next week. Left the dealer to head home, and the sensor came back online and the warning disappeared. Great. I have a ghost in my new machine! :(
All the best,
Glenn

OP
OP
cajuntec

cajuntec

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope. Seems to go away for a while and then return. Talked to the service manager the other day. He said they would look at it when I bring it in. I can either bring it in now, or at my first oil change. I think I'll wait for the first oil change to see how many times it does it (keeping a log now). It's not a huge deal. Just driving me nuts because it's a ghost. I'd rather it just show up and stay. At least that is able to be troubleshot. Kinda hard to troubleshoot something that isn't doing it when I bring it in.

All the best,
Glenn

JMacIV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but mine is doing the same thing. I'm taking mine to the dealership soon for another issue. Will let ya know what they say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk