Dead throttle response 2005 ram 1500 5.7 Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leebert2005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am sure this has been beaten to death on this site, however I am a newbie here and I don't know how to navigate it yet, well that being said I would like to know what fixes are avail for the above problem. I was up in the hills a few weeks ago and was dealing with that damn dead response, I was manually downshifting and I really don't care to do that. I needed more power. A friend told me of an electronic device that takes care of that situation, however it is for the newer dodges with computer type throttle. Mine being a 2005 does not fall into that category. I would like something that eliminates the dead spots and also ups the hp some. Hope someone has an idea for me. thanks in advance.

LoneWolf3574

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Leebert2005, you have one of the newer computer type throttles (more commonly called a drive by wire system) and your friend is probably talking about "Throttle Commander" or something similar. Regardless of that, IF you are having throttle issues, check your contacts on the pedal and throttle, it's likely that they are worn. If that is the case, you can either try cleaning them up (may or may not work) or replacing them. I don't know if Dodge has a limp mode when the points on the throttle/pedal are failing, but I do know that GM's have this feature to prevent you from damaging the engine.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pedal Commander would help for sure. I dont have it currently listed on our site at the moment.

"
Why do you need Pedal Commander?

1. Pedal Commander is a throttle response controller. It removes response delays on your electronic accelerator pedal. Effectively, it allows your engine to respond faster. As a result, your car can accelerate faster. You paid lots of money for your car, but when you press your gas pedal, you feel like you are pressing a sponge. Have you ever noticed that old cars were more responsive?

We have a solution for you!! to get rid of that lag.

Pedal Commander has 4 different control modes: Eco, City, Sport, and Sport. Each control mode has 8 different sensitivity levels which you can choose. These 36 different parameters, in total, is what makes us different than others. Pedal Commander is programmable according to your desire to your car’s specifications. And now Available with Bluetooth capability.

User Friendly Bluetooth Control

Message me for a quote.

OP
OP
L

Leebert2005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am finding nothing in the mentioned brands suggested that will fit my 2005, so here is a new question.

I have been searching for a tuner similar to Pedal commander, of Wind boost for fix for dead pedal. I have yet to find anything that will fit that year. Does anyone out there have an 05 or earlier model that they were able to find something that will work for this year. Thanks again

Max1329

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Magnum hemi
I am finding nothing in the mentioned brands suggested that will fit my 2005, so here is a new question.

I have been searching for a tuner similar to Pedal commander, of Wind boost for fix for dead pedal. I have yet to find anything that will fit that year. Does anyone out there have an 05 or earlier model that they were able to find something that will work for this year. Thanks again
The petal commander is compatible search petal commander pc-30