DEF Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PearlWhiteGT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Has anyone recently had to replace your DEF pump in your Ram 2500/3500 truck? The DEF pump went out on my 2017 Ram 2500 with 47K miles almost a year ago and it was replaced under warranty. Yesterday it went out again and it's still covered under warranty but today the service advisor called to inform me that they can not order one to replace it with. Said something about FCA engineering is looking into them and there is no ETA on when they will be available. They had me contact Chrysler to open a case with the hopes of them being able to expedite the part. So now it's just the waiting game without a truck and in a loaner car.

DiveSpider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins Diesel
I have a 2020 Ram 2500. My truck was serviced on momday and tomorrow it will have the third DEF pump installed this week as i did not get 10 miles from the dealership after the service when check engine light came on. My truck has lesss than 13000 miles on it.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I have a 2020 Ram 2500. My truck was serviced on momday and tomorrow it will have the third DEF pump installed this week as i did not get 10 miles from the dealership after the service when check engine light came on. My truck has lesss than 13000 miles on it.
I went through the DEF pump saga last year on my 2016. The part was on national back order then and still is today. If it failed that quickly they probably got DEF in the wiring harness connector when they replaced it. If they did not remove the tank and drain it before removing the pump, there is almost no way to remove the pump with the tank in the truck and not shower the wiring harness connector with DEF. I bagged and taped mine up when I did the job and DEF still found its way into the wiring harness connector. It corroded the connector pins in a matter of hours causing the pump to stop working. I had to replace the harness since the DEF ate all the plating off the pins in the connector. The harness was about $80.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio