DIY radio removal & integrate after market amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

man n black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Subscribed. Great write up. Looking forward to updates!
Ch

Sent from my DROID RAZR

flatlander68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Disregard

I got found the answer to my own question.

Last edited:

jhal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does the PAC chr3 work on the 2012 as well? I would assume it would, just wanted to know if anyone knew for sure. Also in doing this do you loose your rear speakers, or where is it getting the signal from to convert to RCA?

OP
OP
DisturbedGator

DisturbedGator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No you do not loose signal to the rear speakers. I believe it just taps into the four channels to supply the signal. This was done on a 2011 so i dont know how different the two are. Sorry for no updates, i soon sold the system for way more than i paid for. I did get the box to fit with spacers. But instead of buying them online i just went to home depot and bought a bunch of washers that did the job all the same.

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice write-up. I'm thinking of trying this now. I've checked two places and to have everything put in from my last truck is around $1,500. I just have a couple questions. This truck has six speakers in it. The amp I use for my components is a 4 channel...is there a way to make this amp work in this situation? Also, with this harness do you run wires from the amp to each speaker or just back to this harness? And last, I also have an amp for my subs...can I run two amps with this harness? Sorry for the amateur questions, but I don't feel like paying someone that much money to do this. Thanks in advance.

sampewsey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On pacs website it says it only will work on 09 and 10 year models. I have a 2011 and can't find a model that will work. Anyone know which one it is?