Does anybody know that if their RAM 1500 was built before July it's not as safe as newer ones?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

n-humble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like no one caught the fact that the OP is concerned over nothing. If his truck was built in May 2019 ... no worries. The article clearly mentions 2019 model year trucks built after July 2018, not 2019.

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like no one caught the fact that the OP is concerned over nothing. If his truck was built in May 2019 ... no worries. The article clearly mentions 2019 model year trucks built after July 2018, not 2019.
I think his original post was a typo. He made this thread at the beginning of April, when a truck built in May 2019 couldn't have even been built yet. He meant that his truck was built May 2018. I know from another thread he's had it for about a year or maybe a little more.

Doesn't change my opinion about the safety aspect, though. I feel fine, as should pretty much anyone else driving what is essentially a tank. :ryu-cvs-hadoken-a:

OP
OP
F

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie Crew Cab - Flame Red
Engine
5.7L HEMI
My truck was actually built 4/24/18. Yes, it is was a typo. And something was changed for safety reasons and there’s no crash test data on trucks built prior to July 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
This is on the IIHS website. My truck was built before July 2019 (May to be exact) and I'm very concerned that my truck might not be safe for my family in the event of an accident. I've been on the phone with FCA trying to find out how they can retrofit my truck to bring it inline with currently made vehicles, but they're telling me they can't and it's just as safe as trucks made after July. That's not the way this reads. Anybody else concerned?

I am truly very sorry that this upsets you, so horribly.
I strongly suggest you sell this Death Trap before your family is Slaughtered in it, unawares.

Of course, I cannot imagine your own Conscious and Sense of Righteousness will allow you to sell the truck without full disclosure.
Would not want their Blood, on your Hands.

Here is what I feel is the only correct Course of Action.

Create a new thread, in the For Sale Section.
This will allow you to remove this Threat from your Family's Lives and, at the same time, allow someone who truly has no issue with this fatal flaw to buy your truck.

OF course, the truck is a Known Death Trap and should be priced accordingly.
Might I call, DIBBS?

Good Luck with your Sale, either way.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am truly very sorry that this upsets you, so horribly.
I strongly suggest you sell this Death Trap before your family is Slaughtered in it, unawares.

Of course, I cannot imagine your own Conscious and Sense of Righteousness will allow you to sell the truck without full disclosure.
Would not want their Blood, on your Hands.

Here is what I feel is the only correct Course of Action.

Create a new thread, in the For Sale Section.
This will allow you to remove this Threat from your Family's Lives and, at the same time, allow someone who truly has no issue with this fatal flaw to buy your truck.

OF course, the truck is a Known Death Trap and should be priced accordingly.
Might I call, DIBBS?

Good Luck with your Sale, either way.

Hopefully FCA does the right thing and buys it back:

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/in...ership-experience.145369/page-22#post-2096252

I'm sure at this point he just wants FCA to step up and do the right thing, I hope for him that they do but not putting much faith in them.

OP
OP
F

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hopefully FCA does the right thing and buys it back:

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/in...ership-experience.145369/page-22#post-2096252

I'm sure at this point he just wants FCA to step up and do the right thing, I hope for him that they do but not putting much faith in them.

They are not doing the right thing without being forced to. Got verification today from not one, but two body shops that a large part of my truck was painted. They both showed me the same tape line and overspray all over the hood gaskets. :-(. No disclosure was provided when I purchased my vehicle.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
Sounds like a possible dealership issue/complaint you have. Not with Chrysler. If there is something damaged in transit and new parts are installed, there's no disclosure needed. Years ago, if transit damage was less than $1000. i.e. paint repair not replaced parts - no disclosure was required. Not sure what the #'s are now.

You've wasted 4+ months on this ...... Seems like you can't shake buyer's remorse.

OP
OP
F

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Sounds like a possible dealership issue/complaint you have. Not with Chrysler. If there is something damaged in transit and new parts are installed, there's no disclosure needed. Years ago, if transit damage was less than $1000. i.e. paint repair not replaced parts - no disclosure was required. Not sure what the #'s are now.

You've wasted 4+ months on this ...... Seems like you can't shake buyer's remorse.

I don’t really have buyers remorse. I love driving my truck and don’t really like the two alternatives as much. Just don’t like paying almost $60k on a vehicle that was in some sort of altercation and has spent more than a month out of 7 in the shop.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They are not doing the right thing without being forced to. Got verification today from not one, but two body shops that a large part of my truck was painted. They both showed me the same tape line and overspray all over the hood gaskets. :-(. No disclosure was provided when I purchased my vehicle.

Sad, that seems to be so commonplace today. Getting harder to find good reputable companies. And that's ****** about the paint as well, they may not have to disclose that but it's still a ****** way to do business. Just like the dealers that are pumping used Canadian Rams in the U.S. with no warranty's. They do not have to disclose that either but it most definitely is shady and clearly doesn't make the dealer look trustworthy at all.

OP
OP
F

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Sad, that seems to be so commonplace today. Getting harder to find good reputable companies. And that's ****** about the paint as well, they may not have to disclose that but it's still a ****** way to do business. Just like the dealers that are pumping used Canadian Rams in the U.S. with no warranty's. They do not have to disclose that either but it most definitely is shady and clearly doesn't make the dealer look trustworthy at all.

How could they not have to disclose that there’s no warranty?

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
sadly, think how long the list would be if dealers had to disclose every point of chronic concern on new vehicles. so your salesmen would say

"here's a beautiful new 2019 Ram truck and all its features. Now in the interest of full disclosure, here's a list of issues:

-To meet govt environmental expectations, they run too thin an oil, so engine components can failure
-the driveshafts have had issues
-the drivers seat seams will sometimes pull apart
-the upper control arms aren't as strong as they used to be to save money and weight
-some fuel pump nozzles won't fit properly and you won't be able to fill the tank
-the satellite/gps antenna can leak
-the rear brake light can leak
-the cruise control button can prematurely fail

But, those possible issues aside, great truck!

If the average vehicle (not just Rams) were houses, they'd be demolished.

lol.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sadly, think how long the list would be if dealers had to disclose every point of chronic concern on new vehicles. so your salesmen would say

"here's a beautiful new 2019 Ram truck and all its features. Now in the interest of full disclosure, here's a list of issues:

-To meet govt environmental expectations, they run too thin an oil, so engine components can failure
-the upper control arms aren't as strong as they used to be to save money and weight
-some fuel pump nozzles won't fit properly and you won't be able to fill the tank

lol.

Funny thing is, on that list I think maybe one or two might be "unique" to RAMs....the rest are just how it is for about everything on the market today!

hodl

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A

lol.

It's not too far fetched. The government mandates some companies to advertise just like that.

wgreggking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4x4 offroad
Engine
OP, quit worrying. The stress will kill you before the truck does. Life is chocked full of risks, that you may, or may not, be able to control. Enjoy life.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How could they not have to disclose that there’s no warranty?

That's a great question, I'm not sure the answer to that but I am sure that they don't have to disclose it and they certainly don't disclose it from my experience. The only way I ever got any dealer to admit it didn't have an active warranty was by asking them point blank. I danced around it prior to asking point blank, and they would never offer up the info until I asked directly.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only thing I am worried about my Truck that was built in July 18 are the Sorry a***** SRA's that I have not gotten replaced yet.....

Other than that, geez Guys & Gals. JUST drive it.........................

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I don’t really have buyers remorse. I love driving my truck and don’t really like the two alternatives as much. Just don’t like paying almost $60k on a vehicle that was in some sort of altercation and has spent more than a month out of 7 in the shop.

So.....Is the altercation issue or the safety issue that's causing such concern now? Keep it or trade it. Make a decision. Dip the chip and end it.....

OP
OP
F

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
So.....Is the altercation issue or the safety issue that's causing such concern now? Keep it or trade it. Make a decision. Dip the chip and end it.....

The safety issue has been a concern from day 1. When my passenger door started going out of alignment and getting stuck every couple of weeks and then my rear window frame cracked and leaked water all over my headliner and 2 year old son, everything else became a concern. Attorney suggested I take it to a body shop for an independent evaluation because something just doesn’t look right with it. So I took it to not one, but two different shops and both showed me where it was hit and painted.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
The safety issue has been a concern from day 1. When my passenger door started going out of alignment and getting stuck every couple of weeks and then my rear window frame cracked and leaked water all over my headliner and 2 year old son, everything else became a concern. Attorney suggested I take it to a body shop for an independent evaluation because something just doesn’t look right with it. So I took it to not one, but two different shops and both showed me where it was hit and painted.

Wait you bought the truck used or new from dealer or private party? I know fca dealers don't report everything to Carfax. But if this was new truck I be quite mad and expect a replacement

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990