Does this work ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't trust it based simply on the fact who ever wrote that doesn't even know english haha, read that paragraph beneath it... looks like it was written using google translate or something :p

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Simple answer - NO

ArticRubi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can't believe this was actually a serious question. Do you also buy those bottles of octane booster at the gas station?

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't believe this was actually a serious question. Do you also buy those bottles of octane booster at the gas station?

No need for taunting bro. We keep this forum cool for everyone.

OP- Probably not a good product. I wouldn't risk it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
norsman

norsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Says the guy with the Jeep pic for a profile shot :) Thanks for the info...

Last edited:

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
no. its ok, someone asked this question about this same thing before. I bet that thing is just a fan lol

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
[yt]cbGWgvJN1_8[/yt]

I saw this video a few weeks ago... interesting product none the less lol

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Save your money and strap your hairdryer to the intake. ;)

Hollabakzach23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wanna see the dynos for that 80hp gain....

But my buddy had one of these on his jeep but it was just the cheap ebay kind and he swore up and down to me that it was the best mod he'd done and I just smiled and nodded politely! I'm gonna vote no that it can't be a product that will show large gains

ArticRubi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To not be a ******* this time and give you some real info....

What does a supercharger do? In a nutshell...Forces air into your engine. A moderate boost blower will almost triple the airflow, larger blower, even more. With that much more air, new injectors are almost always required otherwise you'd just be running your engine extremely lean. In addition to that, a new fuel map is needed to get a proper air:fuel mix throughout the engine's range.

What is a supercharger? Essentially it's a pump, driven by a motor. So...what size the motor is dictates how much air it can move. Lets use a current 5.7 Hemi just for arguments sake. At its peak, it is producing 390 flywheel horsepower. Pretty strong drive for an air pump, right?

Ok, what is the motor driving this electric fan? About a 1/8 HP constant speed DC electric motor :) Note I said it is a fan, not an air pump, significantly less efficient....either way...quick math...with the Hemi as the drive motor, it's 3,120 times more powerful than the electric fan.

So, these guys are advertising an 80 HP gain. Lets think about this...Currently RIPP Superchargers offers a full supercharger system (as I described above) and you end up with about a 130 HP gain at the wheels. So does it make sense that a 1/8 HP electric fan can get you about 60% of the gain you'll see with a real blower system?

Hope that was a bit more helpful than my last post.

BLKDODGE04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
dont think i would trust it, if one of them cheap fins break off it goes straight into the motor, not a good thing. no way it could add 80hp either...

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juanita Kelley