Doing Exhaust Tomorrow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Express Crew
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey all, installed my K&N drop in today on the stormtrooper. Did not notice hardly any sound difference like in my previous trucks.

So tomorrow I guess I'll mess with exhaust, I have seen mixed opinions on here as far as the resonators. On my 13 Avalanche I just did a drop in and resonator delete and I loved it. Nice little rumble at idle and would growl if you got on it. Never bothered by the mds on that one.

To achieve this same result do y'all recommend just the delete? Or a new muffler that's really chill?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Mufflex delete, Reso Delete....

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went Cherry Bomb extreme. A nice growl at idle. And a good crackle when you get into the gas revving it. But once your up and cruising it levels off and sounds good

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you watch all the vids in the exhaust thread (Perf section)? There is no better condensed info for what our trucks sound like with different setups so you can know what you're getting into.

Quigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would love to do the muffler delete but from what I understand my truck came with a muffler so it has to have one to pass yearly state inspection.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hey all, installed my K&N drop in today on the stormtrooper. Did not notice hardly any sound difference like in my previous trucks.

So tomorrow I guess I'll mess with exhaust, I have seen mixed opinions on here as far as the resonators. On my 13 Avalanche I just did a drop in and resonator delete and I loved it. Nice little rumble at idle and would growl if you got on it. Never bothered by the mds on that one.

To achieve this same result do y'all recommend just the delete? Or a new muffler that's really chill?

A drop in air filter will categorically not make any difference is motor or exhaust tone.

A K&N open top CAI will make the throttle noise stupid loud--and you'll sound like a Hoover vacuum at idle. Vararam or S&B would be a better choice.

Exhaust change isn't going to give much in performance, but will up your exhaust tone and remove that ship's anchor sized OEM muffler.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Flex

Flex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Express Crew
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not counting on any performance. Just want a tiny bit more sound. Not loud at all. How I feel like these trucks should sound from the get go.

OP
OP
Flex

Flex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Express Crew
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Talked to a guy from my gym that owns a local exhaust/performance shop. He's going to install an 18" maganaflow clone next week for 150$ and leave resonators on. Says it will be exactly what I'm looking for. Will post pics and sound clip when it's all done.

BlkExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Black Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Talked to a guy from my gym that owns a local exhaust/performance shop. He's going to install an 18" maganaflow clone next week for 150$ and leave resonators on. Says it will be exactly what I'm looking for. Will post pics and sound clip when it's all done.

congrats on your new setup.......mufflex delete here

pld

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
congrats on your new setup, cherry bomb extreme here.:grd: