Door Assist Interior Lighting HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoCoo26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2021 Rebel. I installed RGB LED light bars in the footwells. My goal is to have the footwells illuminate when the door is opened. I normally keep the interior light switch in the off position so none of the factory interior lights illuminate when the doors are opened. If I connect the LEDs to an interior light source, and turn the switch to the auto position, they come on with the factory lights, however the factory interior lights are so bright that they drown out the color of the footwells. If I turn the interior light switch to the off position, neither the interior lights nor footwells get power. SO, if you haven’t guessed it already, I’m looking for a way to have my footwells illuminate when the door is opened without all the other interior lights illuminating (aside from pulling all the interior bulbs). Any help would be appreciated.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think you are going to have much luck with an "official" method, but if you can put a relay off the door close/open sensor (Switch), you can jerryrig something. IE when the switch changes state, the strip lights come on. Or replace your interior bulbs with bulbs that don't blind you... I think I still have all my half dead halogens if you want them! /s