Door Lock Override when Engine Running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JesseWJonesJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Hey Guys, I have a RAM 2500 "Amazon style" Van. I want to be able to leave the engine running and lock the doors. I deliver plants and need to keep it cool when I make deliveries. Default doesn't allow you to lock the doors when the engine is running. I have two key fobs. I can lock the Cargo doors, I can manually lock the driver door, but the passenger door doesnt allow for manual locking. Need help! Thanks in advance!

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
welcome.gif to Ram Forum, JesseWJonesJr. :cool:

Have you tried stepping outside of the vehicle and using the FOB to lock up?

The only hazard could be that if someone successfully breaks in, they could drive until the tanks empty.

For added security, if you were to shutdown, exit, and lock the vehicle, and then restart with the remote start. Now anyone getting into the vehicle still needs a key or a FOB (for proximity-style) Start button.

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Doing that will let the engine run for 15 minutes, ( i believe ) then it will shut itself off

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Could add an external cooling unit to run separately. Or even something like this:

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Not sure exactly what a '2500 "Amazon style" Van' is.

Both my 2015 and 2020 1500 RAM trucks with keyless entry I was/am able to leave the truck running, exit the vehicle and press the Lock button (I've only ever tried it with the physical button on the driver door, not sure if the Lock on the fob would do).

My wife's Phord Explorer does not work exactly the same. If I want similar functionality I shut off and exit the vehicle. Then Remote Start it (which also locks the doors).

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure exactly what a '2500 "Amazon style" Van' is.

Both my 2015 and 2020 1500 RAM trucks with keyless entry I was/am able to leave the truck running, exit the vehicle and press the Lock button (I've only ever tried it with the physical button on the driver door, not sure if the Lock on the fob would do).

My wife's Phord Explorer does not work exactly the same. If I want similar functionality I shut off and exit the vehicle. Then Remote Start it (which also locks the doors).

That's why I asked if he stepped out before attempting to lock it. I also see the OP hasn't been online since 2:42 PM last Thursday.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956