Dorman Oil Filter Housing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markjhopewell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6l V6
Okay, Dorman oil filter housing as great and like anything different than OEM there are those who complain. Take your time, always lubricate all surfaces before reassemble. Your fit should go together without forcing. If you are forcing anything, your assemble technique is incorrect. My 2013 RAM, with 125,000 miles had two issues, the valves covers were warped and leaking as well as the oil filter housing, too much plastic. By the way the digital oil pressure sensor was failed, the analog side of it was still working. Take your time, make sure all components are properly seated before torquing the screws. I replace the valve covers and gaskets along with the oil filter assembly and the oil filter sensor. I have always used synthetic oil, engine internals exceptionally clean, I feel with the Dorman oil filter housing the oil flow is better and the oil cooling tracks with the coolant very closely.