DPF 100% Renen Occuring Daily - 2016 75,000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mallardsx2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
So I'm back. The last time I posted here was with issues a year ago. Now I am having even more issues.

Yesterday I had the 100% full error come up and it started to regen on the highway. Driving at speeds up to 80 MPH. It Regen'd 3 times in an hour and then it threw the check engine light.

Then it went into 90% regen mode and 80% regen mode then said completed.

I took it to the dealer and they cleared the check engine code.

This morning it went into regen mode again and completed it.

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY TRUCK?

I'm really starting to freak out.

Dealer told me that none of this was covered under any warranty.

What is the cost of getting this DPF cleaned or replaced?

What are my options at this point?

OP
OP
Mallardsx2

Mallardsx2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
It has been very cold here in GA the last could of mornings. Could this be causing the issue?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Your DEF isn't covered under the mandatory Federal emissions warranty? I'd question that.

My system was a problem right off the bat when I bought my 2017 CTD. No one could explain the problem, it kept coming back and the truck went into limp mode on me once 14 miles North of NoWhere...that was the last straw.

I know a lot of folks don't have problems with their systems. In your case it sounds as if you have a sensor issue. There are quite a few of them in that system.

Your options?

1. Call the dealer on their initial findings that it isn't covered under warranty.

2. Have it fixed.

3. Trade or sell the truck.

4. Remove the system if you plan on keeping it and enjoy a better driving, more fuel efficient truck with more power by having a full DPF, EGR & throttle valve delete done along with a programmer, tunes and aftermarket exhaust.

Good luck.

davidev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Programmer delete and then.... at least the engine problems get solved. I would have to agree with step 4 in the post above. Don't forget the CCV filter under the valve cover they can clog and the engine will die.

OP
OP
Mallardsx2

Mallardsx2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Just replaced that 10K miles ago. Took 5 minutes.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
How cold is cold. I just had a machine keep doing regens and then locked me out after a failed forced regen. Turned out to be that it couldn't get the temp high enough to do it. Had to do a dealer reset and then cardboard on the rad and tarped over the engine bay to get the heat up. Then it did the regen successfully and has been good since.

cnovel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your DEF isn't covered under the mandatory Federal emissions warranty? I'd question that.

My system was a problem right off the bat when I bought my 2017 CTD. No one could explain the problem, it kept coming back and the truck went into limp mode on me once 14 miles North of NoWhere...that was the last straw.

I know a lot of folks don't have problems with their systems. In your case it sounds as if you have a sensor issue. There are quite a few of them in that system.

Your options?

1. Call the dealer on their initial findings that it isn't covered under warranty.

2. Have it fixed.

3. Trade or sell the truck.

4. Remove the system if you plan on keeping it and enjoy a better driving, more fuel efficient truck with more power by having a full DPF, EGR & throttle valve delete done along with a programmer, tunes and aftermarket exhaust.

Good luck.

cnovel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s what I did when mine did that at 35,000, and the dealer said it was not covered to clean egr, etc, finally got them to cover it then again went into limp mode , 350 miles from anywhere with Rv ! Did the kit , trying to get best mileage and tunes figured out, but I like it

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Great! What tuner did you go with?

cnovel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
GDP , still trying to figure out the tunes , to get best mileage, it was from sinister , edge unlock , 4” exhaust , a lot more room under the hood , I have not driven it much to figure out tunes , any input is welcome

hounddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 laramie 2500 credit cab 4x4 cummins
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Last edited: