Driver's side interior light dead. Easy or cheap to fix/replace ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyUPSman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm looking at a 2015 1500 sport crew cab. I noticed that the interior light on the driver's side is dying and literally useless. This will BUG me to noView attachment 530502 end. I'd like to know what I'm looking at as far as repair or replacement will cost. Can the unit be takin out and replaced or like the whole headliner ?? Plus there is at least one switch w wiring for the sunroof, so that does make me a bit nervous. I'm willing to do it myself if it's not too difficult, but I also don't want to Fck it up either. Any help will be great .

BobCinEHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.4
I used an LED from Amazon to replace the stock map lights. You have to remove the "chip" LEDs that actually plug into the standard wedge-base socket. I also had to remove the magnifier "lens", from the flat lens cover, with a Dremel tool. You can find the disassembly instructions on YouTube. Alla Lighting Newest 4x T10 194 168 LED Bulbs W5W 2825 175 158 CAN-Bus, 6000K White License Light, Parking, Map, Dome, Door, Trunk Lights, Super Bright 12V SMD Replacement for Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Vans https://a.co/d/hLQ7YdP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357