DRL on new Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theamazingkuskus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys so I recently installed some headlights with lo and hi beam I got off eBay. I had duals so the company sent it ready to be plugged into the single adapter (plus marker light separate of course). The headlights also have halo leds as well as leds on the inside edge but didn’t come wired but had 2 wires per led. So my dad and I wired them together and connected them into the parking lights on the marker. I went into AlfaODB and set the turn signal as the DRL (I live in Canada) so that the leds would be lit during the day. The only issue is that we wired into the parking light, and there was another wire running to the marker light for the turn signal. So now with the DRL set to turn signal, the leds are not lit, only the orange marker at almost full intensity. I’m wondering is there a workaround to set the DRL as the parking light without rewiring anything?
2011 Ram 1500 ST
bf73617e3a03ff80404cb18fa15623db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Nope, you have to hard wire them to the deicated DRL line and activate it in alfa. I just went through this trying to get my park lights set as DRL's. No other way around it.

OP
OP
theamazingkuskus

theamazingkuskus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope, you have to hard wire them to the deicated DRL line and activate it in alfa. I just went through this trying to get my park lights set as DRL's. No other way around it.

How will I know if I have a dedicated DRL line?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
How will I know if I have a dedicated DRL line?

I honestly don't know the answer to that and just noticed you have a 2011 so it may be completly different then my 2016. My 2016 Big horn has it but it does not go all the way to the headlights. It goes from the BCM to the connector under the fuse box, that's where I had to tap into it.

OP
OP
theamazingkuskus

theamazingkuskus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I honestly don't know the answer to that and just noticed you have a 2011 so it may be completly different then my 2016. My 2016 Big horn has it but it does not go all the way to the headlights. It goes from the BCM to the connector under the fuse box, that's where I had to tap into it.

I’m going to say that I don’t considering I had duals previously and my daytime running light was the high beam at lower voltage. That’s too bad