Dual intake ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Your link doesn't work properly but if it's the one I'm thinking of it will work but it does suck in a lot of underhood air and isn't the greatest performer unless you route some hoses to pull air from the front bumper. Another option, if you could find one is to get a BFI intake which is amazing but not in production anymore and frees up the intake box area for the diesel's second battery tray.

OP
OP
C

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your link doesn't work properly but if it's the one I'm thinking of it will work but it does suck in a lot of underhood air and isn't the greatest performer unless you route some hoses to pull air from the front bumper. Another option, if you could find one is to get a BFI intake which is amazing but not in production anymore and frees up the intake box area for the diesel's second battery tray.
Does this work
03 08 Dodge RAM1500 5 7L V8 Hemi Dual Twin AIR Intake RED | eBay

Yes that's what I want to do, could you link me to this part ?
Have you done this already, added a second battery ?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
My batteries are in the box of my truck, I had to free up a lot more room in my engine bay to run my cog drive system.

The people that have done this in the past have used dryer hose or brake ducting hose and between the two I'd recommend the brake hose ducting since it has better heat tolerance/transmission and you can still easily secure the filters to the ends. It also doesn't look cheap as hell.

As for looks, here's some others that have been done with the same setup

Battery tray 55276205AC

Hold down and bolt 55276348AA

OP
OP
C

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My batteries are in the box of my truck, I had to free up a lot more room in my engine bay to run my cog drive system.

The people that have done this in the past have used dryer hose or brake ducting hose and between the two I'd recommend the brake hose ducting since it has better heat tolerance/transmission and you can still easily secure the filters to the ends. It also doesn't look cheap as hell.

As for looks, here's some others that have been done with the same setup

Battery tray 55276205AC

Hold down and bolt 55276348AA

Thanks, that's about the only good topic I could find, any nobody from there is really using the forums anymore haha ..

All I could find was this , it's a different part number so will it work ?

Battery Tray Mopar 55276205AD Fits 07 09 Dodge RAM 3500 6 7L L6 | eBay

I may go with the 70$ dual intake as its alot cheaper, wil this exhaust be louder suck more gas etc? Sorry I'm a noob, is it really worth it to spend 180 instead and get the one with K & n filters ?

Thanks !!*

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
That looks to be the correct tray, the last 2 letters just indicate a revised part number.

OP
OP
C

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciate the replies

OP
OP
C

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also cannot find the bolt number

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
You reuse your bolts from the factory air box, they mount to the same holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk