Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 -- Dodge 360

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1985 W350

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I've assembled the following for an old 1985 W350 4x4 crew............motor only has 29K and is otherwise just getting a refresh (new rear main seal (have never seen a 318,340, 360 small block motor that hasn't failed after a few years), heads cleaned up, etc)........

Edelbrock Pro Flo 35900 EFI Kit
14" Air filter P/N 1223
Fuel Pump w/regulator P/N 3604
Coil - MSD P/N 8202
New return lines

Questions:

(1) Anyone have any thoughts on how to improve air delivery ? (Clearance is not good as Edelbrock's new EFI manifold is mucho higher than the stock intake and the 14" air filter is the standard/conventional arrangement........

(2) EFI normally likes a "baffled" fuel tank --- the Dodges (stock tank is "plastic") normally don't have baffling --- can someone recommend a new tank for a crew cab? The "slosh" might starve the EFI or worse yet the new EFI pressure will implode-pancake it .............

Last edited:

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
any pictures of how tall things are? there should still be tons of space under the hood. i was running tall filter on my truck with tons of space to spare.

you could always try tracking down a 91-93 fuel tank. i think the other option would be a fuel mat of some sort.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
not sure there's much in 'aftermarket' tanks for the gen 1 trucks. other tanks would require some fabrications. found that out trying to move my tank out of the cab on my 72. if you use your current tank, I guess you could just not run it less than half a tank to avoid starvation. if you're doing highway driving, should not be a big factor but cornering and lots of accell/decels might be an issue.

not sure the tank would implode with an inline pump if your rollover valve is functioning properly.

OP
OP
1985 W350

1985 W350

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
any pictures of how tall things are? there should still be tons of space under the hood. i was running tall filter on my truck with tons of space to spare.

you could always try tracking down a 91-93 fuel tank. i think the other option would be a fuel mat of some sort.

Unfortunately everything's apart, truck is completely dismantled..............will post pics as I build.......

Appreciate the recommendation !

OP
OP
1985 W350

1985 W350

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
not sure there's much in 'aftermarket' tanks for the gen 1 trucks. other tanks would require some fabrications. found that out trying to move my tank out of the cab on my 72. if you use your current tank, I guess you could just not run it less than half a tank to avoid starvation. if you're doing highway driving, should not be a big factor but cornering and lots of accell/decels might be an issue.

not sure the tank would implode with an inline pump if your rollover valve is functioning properly.

Man did you nail that -- Gen 1s don't get nearly the attention the newer versions do..........

I'm just not up to speed on how biggy fuel pressure pumps behave with those old "plastic" tanks..............I think you're correct about that upper roll-over valve keeping things "contained"....................lab testing next !!!!

BTW-- I'm pretty interested in seeing what the EFI does to help with the normal heat problems we see with carbs..........should hopefully knock down and/or eliminate the vapor lock problem I've been getting with this truck using the old Rochester 4bbl and even the newer Edelbrock 4bbl.......

Last edited: