Electrical bug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yehti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l gas
Two Questions
1. Any tips on fixing a no low beam issue i am having. I have checked all fuses and changed the multi-function switch. I have also checked under the dash and visually checked all visible wires. Still cant figure the issue out. They just stopped working. High beams work, headlight switch works, fogs work, relay already checked and switched out.

2. Brake lights dont work. high stop works. It appears to be an issue with the trailer harness.

any tips or trouble shooting ideas would be a help

2002 Ram 2500 (2nd gen body) no quad headlights

thanks

2NDGENGASSER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
Two Questions
1. Any tips on fixing a no low beam issue i am having. I have checked all fuses and changed the multi-function switch. I have also checked under the dash and visually checked all visible wires. Still cant figure the issue out. They just stopped working. High beams work, headlight switch works, fogs work, relay already checked and switched out.

2. Brake lights dont work. high stop works. It appears to be an issue with the trailer harness.

any tips or trouble shooting ideas would be a help

2002 Ram 2500 (2nd gen body) no quad headlights

thanks

I'm having almost the same issue, at least with the dim lights... all my tail lights except for the ones on the back of the cab work fine. i always thought it was the dimmer switch lol and my lenses are so fogged i just drive with my brights on!

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I'm not saying this is your problem but its one I've had in the past. I had a problem with my left tail light going out and not working at all. Replacing bulb did nothing and wires looked fine. Turned out to be corrosion inside the bulb socket. I sprayed some brake cleaner inside and physically scraped off some of the corrosion gently with a small screwdriver. Never had a problem since. It may be something similar. At least check for corrosion in the sockets to clear up the possibility.

2NDGENGASSER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
I'm not saying this is your problem but its one I've had in the past. I had a problem with my left tail light going out and not working at all. Replacing bulb did nothing and wires looked fine. Turned out to be corrosion inside the bulb socket. I sprayed some brake cleaner inside and physically scraped off some of the corrosion gently with a small screwdriver. Never had a problem since. It may be something similar. At least check for corrosion in the sockets to clear up the possibility.

Dielectric grease usually helps keep corrosion at bay as well