Encountered a glazed steering wheel, so I figured I need to bring it up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
This has most likely been mentioned already and most of you will say "no **** sherlock" but if there's atleast one person who didnt know this and reads it then mission complete, so be gentle, I'm fragile =D

Worked on a co-workers car yesterday. I needed to move the car so I hopped in and saw it...

He glazed his ENTIRE steering wheel in Ultra Shine Protectant ArmorAll...

If you have never done it, heres what happens, it leaves a greasy film over the steering wheel in which your hands could easily slip on. Bad for driving, worse for evasive maneuvers.

If you want to clean your steering wheel, use the Cleaning Wipes, hot soapy water or whatever this forum recommends

Dont use any "protective" products. Read the labels, Google it, ask a friend, spot test if you are unsure what it will do to the surface.

Be safe

14Tradesman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ill add to never armor all your floor mats. Learned that one as a young man on my first car.

Live and learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never use Armor All, period. The protectants I use can be used on the steering wheel, because they leave no film/sheen behind. The same with leather steering wheels -- I use a leather cleaner/conditioner -- just like the seats. If all you have is Armor All -- or some other shiny product, use water & Woolite.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer is a decent OTC cleaner/protectant and doesnt leave greasy.

I really like Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel for cleaning and leaving behind a matte finish. Does an excellent job on everything....cloth, carpet, vinyl AND leather. Then I use Ultima Interior Guard Plus over the leather surfaces to protect them. End result is the original factory matte finish with no greasy feeling. The UIGP even gives a "cashmere" feel to some surfaces....can't explain how but even hard plastics have a "soft" feel to them.