Engine issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J-Bo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New to this site as well as owning a dodge truck. 1988 Dodge Ram d-100 Truck starts but won’t idle for long but it if given even the tiniest amount of pressure on the accelerator it runs fine until put in gear, also the higher the rpms you can hear a miss develop. Anyone have any clues? I was going to start basic and check the fuel filter, look for any vacuum leaks, maybe clean the carburetor. I have a new fuel pump that came with the truck but hoping not to have to put it in.

BigBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Fuel filter isnt a bad place to start. My 89 did the same thing at high rpms and changing the fuel filter solved my problem. While your at it probably best to change the spark plugs as well . also make sure you get new hose clamps for the filter. Mine were shot after being on for so long.

vendance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 v8
Check to see if the carb is tightened down, checked mine the other day when it wasnt running right and all of the mounting bolts were hand tight. Tightened em up and she runs like a champ.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye