Engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel turbo
Ok I have a 2007 6.7 . I have had my DPF Baked cleaned ,EGR removed and cleaned. Put oil and fuel additive (the good stuff) Truck runs good then in about 1-2 days the engine light comes on with P2262 says boast problem but my Echo shows plenty of boast and runs good . clear the code and it returns after a day or so . Sometimes it was on and started up the next day and it's off. Also the code sometimes comes up P4245 or something saying heat problem . Sometimes when I start it sounds bad and smoke's shut it off and start it again no smoke and runs good . clean S&B air also .used a oil engine clean out and changed oil and filter . Everybody wants $150-$200 to tell me what's wrong then Charge me to fix it which who know what they will say and charge. I am thinking of bad sensor? Would like to know what I can do to check things out . I also sprayed my turbo out with cleaner also .Please any thoughts I m a senior with a very low limited budget

Dennis Shellito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins IBS
Usually when a boost DTC shows up on a truck that produces plenty of boost it is caused by carbon stopping a turbo vane momentarily. You could try a bottle of Opti-lube Single Clean through a tank of fuel to see if this could get rid of the carbon buildup, but honestly these trucks in stock form are somewhat predestined to have this problem. The people that don't seem to have this issue with their stock CTD push them pretty hard and drive somewhat spirited, thus keeping the carbon blown out of them. My 2011 CTD, which is EGR and DPF deleted, threw a boost code while I was pulling a small trailer home from Missouri the other week, and the truck still ran correctly and the exhaust brake functioned properly. I currently am running the Single Clean in the fuel, although it could have been just a fluke.

OP
OP
M

melman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel turbo
I HAVE BEEN USEING A FUEL CLEAN CARBON ADDITIVE WITH EVERY TANK AND STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM