Error Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 4x4
2017 RAM 1500 what are the differences between U codes C codes, P codes and B codes. does the first letter indicate a category or a severity or maybe store s temporary??

I'm rebuilding a truck, and have a bunch of codes, noticed that I left the main engine ground unattached from the frame (its the one up near the battery), anyways fixed that but still have the codes. Will try the hard reset with disconnecting and shorting the battery + and - terminals, then waiting while, then another rest with the scan tool. any thought??

I have a few suspicious U codes: Lost comm w/ occupant restraint U015100 ( i sent that away to the safety restore on EBAY for a reset); lost comm with steering wheel U100900 "LIN2 bus"; lost comm w/ power train controller; Lost comm w/ dynamic sensor U012500 thats the dreaded ABS family of codes which includes C004211 Brake pedal position sensor

when I go tthe truck (rollover) the brake pedal posit switch was broken, got a replacement at a junkyard, but I broke that before I got the truck put together, bought a new one on EBAY... Truck starts fine, but when I put my foot on the brake to shift it out of PARK, I can hear a solenoid swithching, and the dash tranny gear indicator goes from solid green P to a flashing green P.