EVIC vs tire pressure gauge??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonthefireman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 SLT 4X4
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If this question or similar is already posted, I apologize in advance, just couldn't find any info.

Picked up a '14 2500 on Monday with the upgraded 20's. Tire pressure according to the door is supposed to be 65psi front/80psi rear.

I'm a stickler when it comes to proper pressure, so of course I checked the EVIC right out of the dealership. EVIC was showing 72psi all the way around, so I used a digital and mechanical tire pressure gauge to fill to the proper pressure.

So here's the question. The EVIC is now showing different pressure than the digital and mechanical gauge. What should I, and what would you trust the most???

:think:

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It really depends on the gauge.
For example, when it got cold and my pressure dropped according to the EVIC, I added air at a gas station using the EVIC to judge. When I got home I checked it with a digital gauge and it was different by 3 lbs. To double check, I had another digital gauge and also a dial gauge. The second digital and the dial gauge were both within 1 pound of the EVIC.

Long story, short, I threw out the digital that read different and now I trust the EVIC based on two other gauges that matched.

Ray