Exaust setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derekc111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2009 ram 5.7 looking for an Exhaust setup and have a 2.5 duel in and out super 10 laying around. My plan is to add a x pipe after the cats to help eliminate rasp then run stright pipes into the super 10 then out the back has anyone had any experience with this setup or one similar can’t find anything on YouTube

Attachments

• 388B40FC-900E-4AD6-A250-2EC386101C9D.jpeg
    388B40FC-900E-4AD6-A250-2EC386101C9D.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 3

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
No offense but you're looking at running a Muffler that creates nothing but noise and rasp an x pipe will help a little bit but two or three baffles that are in that Muffler aren't gonna do much for rasp or drone. Personally I'd look into getting a better known setup like a borla or something that's been proven to sound good on the rams.
I had a Muffler delete once... That didn't last long haha. I went with an afe race series, stainless, no cats or resonators 3.5 inch y pipe to the Muffler then 3 inch duals back.
Sounds like a racecar! But mostly mild in town and doesn't drone your brain to death.

Last edited:

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
^^^ This!

I have shorty headers (due to the typical HEMI manifold issues), and then had a performance exhaust shop fab up a custom y-pipe in 3" SS with a flange, and it's bolted to my 3" SS Magnaflow catback system, and finished with a pair of 5" black powdered tips.

The sound is incredible, especially on cold start up. When running on the highway there is virtually no drone, but when the skinny stick gets smashed, she wakes up and has a nice deep HEMI rumble.

Everyone has their preferred sound. For me, it's a deep rumble and not that raspy high pitched crackling at WOT. The Magnaflow delivers that deep tone, for me anyways.