Exhaust Recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Piedy22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2012 Ram 1500 Hemi with rear dual exhaust. I'm looking to make it sound more badass with an aftermarket muffler since the rest of the system is new and doesnt really need to be replaced. I need some suggestions on what type of muffler will give my not obnoxious but a quality deep and loud sound to my exhaust.

Thanks!!

retiredfireman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I would highly reccommend a MagnaFlow 14" it will sound badass.
Just have the muffler cut out and the MF installed.
It's sounds bad as a MF

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
i just got the 18" magnaflow installed on my truck and it sounds really really good. Alot more deep and throaty and wayy louder than the stock exhaust. There is a thread on the forum that is dedicated to just videos of exhaust mods, so you can pick through that thread and you will probably be able to find the one that is exactly what you want.

It's a sticky under 4th gen rams, and then go to the performance and engine section. You'll see it about 3 threads down from the top.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
If you want to make it easy and do it yourself, look at Mufflex or Solo-Performance for their bolt on mufflers that utilize the stock piping.

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I just installed the 14" Mufflex and have already gotten a couple of compliments on it. 1 person described the sound as music lol, he said "It sounds like turning up the volume on stock versus amplified aftermarket and being able to hear it clearly and in a good way", I thought that was pretty cool. Its not to loud at idle or cruising speeds but sounds mean when you get on it, neighbors havent complained yet.

I had never done exhaust before this and I started on a Saturday morning in my driveway and bolted it up myself in about an hour or so since I had to do a lot of moving from under the truck.

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Mufflex muffler delete :)

I get asked all the time what alls done to it because it sounds raw.

It has some drone..worth it imo. Plus you can make it bark and get attention haha

fdnj48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mufflex 14!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

TaterSalad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 4x4
Magnaflow 18" on mine. Sounds great if you want a great all around sound and very little drone. I had the Flowmaster 40 series first and it sounded sweet during acceleration and cruising on the city streets but it was unbearable on the highway.

WVUguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 EXPRESS
Engine
I went the muffler delete route and love it...it has some drone at highway speed but im ok with that because it sounds bad as a MFer in town!!
oh magnaflow Y is wha i got...30 bucks for the Y and 80 to cut the muffler out and weld the Y in..worth every penny!!

CoalRegion08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Aeroturbine 3030XL. Slapped this muffler on with a magnaflow y-pipe and I absolutely love it. Not many guys have this either. Definitely recommend this.

KDog456

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any performance Magnaflow muffler comes with a lifetime warranty. Thats what helped me decide. I went with the 14" MF :)

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems to be 14" based on everyone above.
Id say 14" or 18"

Need pricing on either, I will set you up with a forum discount ;)