Exhaust rusted off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billdozer79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone else had their stock exhaust rust off? We have snow in Ohio and obviously that contributes greatly to that but I didn't even get an indicator that it was starting. So does anyone have any suggestions as to what to try next?

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's a sign......truck wants more rumble. :)

I've had many mufflers since owning my truck trying to find the one that works for me. It really depends on what you're after.....stock volume, medium loud, or loud. Direct fit, welded on, or full system.....straight thru or chambered. Lots of great choices out there. Feel free to search some of my threads on the mufflers I've tried over the past year or two. I currently have the Solo Performance Mach 44 kit and am really liking it. I've had it on 6-7 months now and it's been the best so far. Nice tone, not too loud, and no real drone to speak of.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Anyone else had their stock exhaust rust off? We have snow in Ohio and obviously that contributes greatly to that but I didn't even get an indicator that it was starting. So does anyone have any suggestions as to what to try next?

Usually exhaust systems rust from the inside out.The by-product of burning gas in a combustion chamber is water,that's why your muffler has a small weep/drain hole,it's to give the water created by combustion some where to escape /leak out.

jeeperjkjeeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
after 24 months my 2019 Ram exhaust flange bolts rusted completely off. Dealer installed 2 new bolts and a gasket and sounded good as new again....

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk