Factory leveling lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05silverbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi guys,

I just bought a 2wd 2005 1500 big horn qcsb that sits level. It has factory 20" wheels and runs great. Kindof like having a truck that is a mix of hot rod, and truck, all in one. This is flat out the fastest truck ive ever driven. This truck never fails to get a grin out of me. Anyhow. It sits level and looks to have had a leveling kit of coil spacer blocks installed in the past. These spacer blocks are round, aluminum blocks. The truck seems to need an alignment because when you turn all the way in either direction, it wont return to center by driving forward. You have to manually make it center up. I am thinking this lift block setup maybe causing front end problems. Under the gumption to remove the lift blocks, I got to looking under the truck and determined that if I do infact, remove the lift blocks that sit at the bottom of each coil spring, the lower control arm will literally, and I mean literally, rest on the bumper stop. The little round bumper stop deal that contacts the lower control arm if it travls too far. So im left wondering, how the hell did this thing not ride bottomed out all the time from the factory. These bump stops are not aftermarket, they are the welded on factory stops with a chrysler logo. Did this truck come from the factory with a front leveling kit? Because if I remove these lift blocks...im quite sure, actually... Damn sure... That id be screwed..... Hard....
I bet it wouldnt even drive right due to it resting on the bump stops at all times.
Any clues?
Thanks

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Welcome to the site. Wouldn't come from factory with the spacer in there. Got any pics of you setup?

This what you have right by the guys thumbs?
1011or_06_2005_2wd_dodge_ram_1500_l.jpg

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Leveling done right should only mess up the camber. An alignment should fix any issues. Maybe things were not torqued properly?

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 4.

OP
OP

05silverbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck sitting level

DSC01404-01.jpg

Coil spacer

DSC01402-01.jpg

Bump stop gap

DSC01403-01.jpg

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
mine was the same. not completly level, but it looks the same. before my ride was the same as when lifted it.
ive never seen a spacer on the bottom.

EDIT: also got the 2WD, just a single cab.

OP
OP

05silverbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hope that I have not stumped you guys. I know Im stumped so far

OP
OP

05silverbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there anyone that can help? Im pretty close to taking the lift off this weekend. Unless its supposed to be there.

OP
OP

05silverbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Removed the lift spacers and installed new front shocks today. Now it sits like it did from the factory. Rides and steers like new.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
If you still want that leveled look instead of the rake you could put drop shackles in the rear

OP
OP

05silverbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will be hauling a utility trailer 3-4000 lbs total, and as it sits, a trailer will make it sit level with it loaded. Rather than the rear squatting lower than the front. Thats the way i like a truck. I see guys running a contruction company, with a 10" lifted 4x4 diesel, and a work trailer squatting the rear down so bad, That it looks unsafe to drive. Not my idea of how a truck should be used really.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Get a set of air bags for the rear , that will help in the towing ability .