Factory Order - 2022 1500 Classic Tradesman 8' bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
without looking up status sequences
It may be the primary inspection or the Final inspection after BV, which is body vendor

Body vendor installs side steps, trailer hitch receiver, bedliner, etc.
If you ordered any of them

Right after Final Inspection, they will start checking to see if there is a freight car scheduled for Texas, with other Texas Rams already on it

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wonder if that means it will be stored somewhere w/o a computer? ...until one is available.

OP
OP
CrazyTrain62

CrazyTrain62

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder if that means it will be stored somewhere w/o a computer? ...until one is available.
I hope not since they are giving me a ship date.

I realize all modern vehicles have computer chips in them, but this build would have to be one of the simplest and least demanding in that regard, which is why I chose it.

Dodge trucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yup. I have been shopping for a good while. DID NOT WANT 4 DOORS no way no how. All I saw "for sale" were white in reg cab (or what used to be reg cab anyway) I occasionally see one here or there on the road, there's a blue one and a maroon reg cab/8' bed Dodge trucks running around by work but the weren't for sale on a lot. I finally took the plunge, and ended up with a white one. 2012, 2wd 4.7, way less miles than most I saw on the lots within ~75 mile radius, SLT, has more bells and whistles than I wanted/needed but it definitely isn't fully loaded. which is alright. I just wish I could meet the person that designed the black and puke colored interior. I'd punch them. I miss the days when a guy could get red or tan or green or blue or black interiors. and the days when reg cab or cab and 1/2 ruled the roads with the occasional "3+3" Chevy crew cab
mine started out a Fastenal truck, I looked at buying one from them a few years ago and wish now that I had back then, same money I spent for a then few year younger truck, and 1/2 the miles (though 93k is way low for my usual vehicle buys as it is) they don't seem to sell their vehicles no more, at least not in Illinois, or any bordering state. Being a former fleet vehicle doesn't bother me a bit. I've had ex police, ex fire chief, ex animal control dept vehicles before, and I tend to get LOTS more miles from them once I get em. and for the last 9 years I myself have been a fleet mechanic for the miserable state of IL. I'm SO tired of patching F150s together. I hate Ford vehicles more than I ever did.
and myself, have never owned anything besides Dodges

OP
OP
CrazyTrain62

CrazyTrain62

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yup. I have been shopping for a good while. DID NOT WANT 4 DOORS no way no how. All I saw "for sale" were white in reg cab (or what used to be reg cab anyway) I occasionally see one here or there on the road, there's a blue one and a maroon reg cab/8' bed Dodge trucks running around by work but the weren't for sale on a lot. I finally took the plunge, and ended up with a white one. 2012, 2wd 4.7, way less miles than most I saw on the lots within ~75 mile radius, SLT, has more bells and whistles than I wanted/needed but it definitely isn't fully loaded. which is alright. I just wish I could meet the person that designed the black and puke colored interior. I'd punch them. I miss the days when a guy could get red or tan or green or blue or black interiors. and the days when reg cab or cab and 1/2 ruled the roads with the occasional "3+3" Chevy crew cab
mine started out a Fastenal truck, I looked at buying one from them a few years ago and wish now that I had back then, same money I spent for a then few year younger truck, and 1/2 the miles (though 93k is way low for my usual vehicle buys as it is) they don't seem to sell their vehicles no more, at least not in Illinois, or any bordering state. Being a former fleet vehicle doesn't bother me a bit. I've had ex police, ex fire chief, ex animal control dept vehicles before, and I tend to get LOTS more miles from them once I get em. and for the last 9 years I myself have been a fleet mechanic for the miserable state of IL. I'm SO tired of patching F150s together. I hate Ford vehicles more than I ever did.
and myself, have never owned anything besides Dodges
I'm with you, DT! I've had 4-door trucks and 6.5 beds but less cab and more bed serves my lifestyle great at this point.

My new truck's status is now 'KZT-second rail departure'.

Mark Dodge has offered $19,000 for my truck.

In case you're interested, Dodge Trucker, it's a 2019 reg cab long bed, 3.6L, 4X2, white, chrome package, manual locks & windows, carpet, chrome bumpers, bone stock, ~43k miles, gray interior. I'm the 2nd owner - it was someone's work truck for the first 11k miles.

Attachments

• Allsman Ram 2019 022422 rear quarter.jpg
    Allsman Ram 2019 022422 rear quarter.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 7

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
I'm with you, DT! I've had 4-door trucks and 6.5 beds but less cab and more bed serves my lifestyle great at this point.

My new truck's status is now 'KZT-second rail departure'.

Mark Dodge has offered $19,000 for my truck.

In case you're interested, Dodge Trucker, it's a 2019 reg cab long bed, 3.6L, 4X2, white, chrome package, manual locks & windows, carpet, chrome bumpers, bone stock, ~43k miles, gray interior. I'm the 2nd owner - it was someone's work truck for the first 11k miles.

Red is a great color and looks good on the RCLB truck.

Enjoy your new truck and happy motoring.

JHoward

Last edited:

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Post a couple pics when it arrives.

OP
OP
CrazyTrain62

CrazyTrain62

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm at KZT status and the truck was unloaded from the train in Baton Rouge 3/4th with delivery expected this week or next.

Worst case in light of that - 7 weeks from placing the order.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pretty Sharp, CT!

You just can't beat ordering a vehicle and getting exactly what you want.

How's that V6 and 8 speed?

OP
OP
CrazyTrain62

CrazyTrain62

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got it. 6 weeks almost to the day. Mark Dodge was a delight to deal with. 11.5% under MSRP, +$2750 in incentives when I picked up the truck today. ~$33500 all in - TTL, taxes, document fees, destination charge, etc.

Gonna detail it tomorrow, check fluids, make sure everything is tight.

Then 3M protective film, steps, window tint, etc

Attachments

• 26790726-85A1-4DF6-9AE5-BDAECA5129D3.jpeg
    26790726-85A1-4DF6-9AE5-BDAECA5129D3.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
OP
OP
CrazyTrain62

CrazyTrain62

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pretty Sharp, CT!

You just can't beat ordering a vehicle and getting exactly what you want.

How's that V6 and 8 speed?
You’ve got that right, RLJ - I love the 6 and the trans. I have the same set-up in my 2019 Ram and know it fits my needs perfectly

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Love those wheels! You're going to turn heads when people see a sparkly red truck whizz by and think to themselves, "...wait, was that a regular cab long box???". 20 years from now it'll be the rare tks like yours which will be the desired 'classic' trucks.

Nice to hear you had a great dealer experience. Getting the V6 might have been a goood call. What kind of economy do you think it'll get?

Last edited:
OP
OP
CrazyTrain62

CrazyTrain62

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Love those wheels! You're going to turn heads when people see a sparkly red truck whizz by and think to themselves, "...wait, was that a regular cag long box???". 20 years from now these are going to be the desired 'classic' trucks.

Nice to hear you had a great dealer experience. Getting the V6 might have been a goood call. What kind of economy do you think it'll get?
Thanks Jeep. I’m pretty sure this is a one of a kind truck and I see no reason I won’t have it for 200k miles.

I’m expecting 22-23mpg highway after break-in. That’s what my 2019 V6 w/3.55 gears was getting. Same limited slip 3.55 diff on this one. On the 100-odd mile drive home I was varying my speed and gear selection quite a bit and only got 17. My bad :)