Factory paint/Corrosion warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rojo_143

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a 18 Ram 1500 sport that is Maximum Steel Metallic. It currently has just over 45,*** miles so I am out side of the bumper to bumper warranty. The other day while washing my truck I notice on the passenger side wrap around of the rear bumper, the paint has started peeling away exposing about a 2inX3in are of the black e-coating underneath it. There is no evidence of it being hit by anything or rock chips causing it as my truck has never been off the pavement, but I am wondering if this would be covered under the factory Paint/Corrosion Warranty. Has anyone ever experienced or dealt with anything like this before? Any insight before I take it to a local paint shop to get resprayed would be helpful.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There's plenty of debris on the road to cause rock chips.

If you really push the issue, you may get somewhere, but you'll be on 'the list' at that dealer.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Corrosion means that there must be a hole through the sheet metal, to be covered by the warranty

I believe that there are 2 parts to the factory warranty, part is for 3 years, the other part is 5 years

Then there is the fine print ...................

ajs3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2014 did the same thing in the same spot. The rear bumper is made of tinfoil and the ends vibrate pretty bad over bumps, mine do anyway. Paint doesn't have much flexibility so it chips off. The paint just above my radio antenna mount is cracked from the antenna whipping in the wind pulling the top of the fender back and fourth. Changed to a stubby antenna and no more of that problem.
Unfortunately as said before, you're on your own with this problem.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Nope ... at least not in my area they wont even consider looking at it ... especially if its in the bottom side or the bumpers ....

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
I would always recommend removing the antenna prior to getting the truck washed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357