First trip to dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
After almost 2 years of ownership, went to dealer service for first time. Not many threads like this, but will say that they did a great job.. Went in for transmission solenoid issue and a headliner rattle. Solenoid replaced, and rattle was the sunroof frame was loose and hitting the roof. They tightened and adjusted frame and all noise is gone. Nice and quiet in cab once again... Also popped up an EGR inspect TSP?recall, but nothing was needed to be done as it was ok. Told me about the newest recall on transmission but said they did not have parts or a fix at this time. All in all, great experience. Was not my purchasing dealer, but have bought other vehicles from them before.. Just wanted to give a positive thread for a change..

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I always have all my service and oil changes done at the dealer. I bought a package and it's pretty much a wash with what I could buy the supplies for and do myself. The real benefit is getting all the updates and recalls taken care of. Also, with the lifetime warranty I just like to have all the info in Ram's system. Lastly, if/when I sell I think there's a but of a plus is a vehicle has always been serviced at the dealer.

Of course, my dealer has driven me nuts at times but overall it's a decent relationship.

billa9b0ng

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 SLT CCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good to hear you have a solid dealer. It's surprising you have owned it for almost 2 years and have not been there for any recalls yet ;)

I dropped mine off on Thursday for a recall and leaking transmission. I had to step outside while waiting on my ride because I couldn't stand listening to the conversation of the guys behind the desk, I left there nervous about trusting them with my truck. I had a much better experience when picking up, everything was done quickly and no charge on the tranny issue as well as a friendly and personable service advisor.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I am lucky so far as having a good dealership ! Their prices are fair IMO and I did buy a oil change package ( which I usually do not do) for 4 synthetic oil changes and tire rotation;s, I have purchased my Boards, Rear Camera about internet price had them install it ! SO far so good for us :)