FNG New Member 2020 Warlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RocknSnowRyan

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey eveyone!

Just bought my first pickup truck a couple weeks ago. I've got a quad cab with the 3.6L Pentastar. So far I've bought Weathertech 1 piece floor mats for the front and rear, have Carhartt seat covers for the front on the way, bought a used high topper and decked drawer setup for the bed. I'm planning to do some overlanding with it, but mostly just deck out the bed for car camping for snowboarding here in Colorado.

A little bit about me.. 42yo, 9 years of service, 4 yrs as a Navy Electrician (shore duty) and 5 yrs as a Cav Scout in the Army (stationed over in Germany a couple tours in Iraq). I got out in 2010 and started school for Mechanical Engineering, started to come out to Colorado to snowboard on Spring break and ended up transferring out here to finish up school. My credits didn't transfer the way the school here said they would and wanted me to go to school for way longer than I wanted to be in school for. So needless to say that I dropped out and joined the work force to become a Commercial HVACR Technician. I wasn't digging the traffic up in Denver where I was living and just moved down to Colorado Springs. I got into hiking and finished all of the 14ers in the first couple of Summers that I lived here. Most of the heavier off roading that I plan to do has already been done with my Jeep to get to the trailheads, which I'll be selling here soon.

I've been doing some research on lifting this thing and it's a bit hard since most sites don't have a drop down tab for a classic or Warlock to see what will fit. So that's how I landed on this site. I'm new to the 3.6L Pentastar, plan on getting the baxter performance oil adapter to prevent dry starts. Other than that, I am still doing some research on a lift to clear some 35" tires and be able to use 17" Method Race Wheels bead grips so that I can air down if need be without worries of popping a bead or damaging the wheel. Also, I'm not sure on how the rear will be sitting once I finish building some shelves and get more weight back there so will most likely require some HD springs to ride level.

I am actually unemployed at the moment, paid cash for my truck and trying to do a lift on a budget so I won't hurt my savings too much as I am looking to buy a house soon. So no Carli Suspension in the near future lol.

Any input is very much appreciated! If anyone on here lives in the area and wants to meet up to ski or board this season, I have both Epic and Ikon passes.

Cheers!

Attachments

• New truck.jpg
    New truck.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Things: You’ll need a skid plate for the transmission as the pan is plastic. The max angle of the cv joints is 23 1/2 degrees. Don’t be overly alarmed to see coolant and oil temps in the 240s climbing steep or towing. The 3.6 makes its power over 4000rpm so don’t expect to lug the engine as you crawl over things. 35s might fit on stock rims without rubbing but who knows with aftermarket. There are posts in this forum specifically made by people who’ve lifted a warlock that are a lot more knowledgable than me.

OP
OP
R

RocknSnowRyan

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I read that about the trans pan, the R&Ders must be testing these things in a climate controlled mall parking lot! I've been looking at the Iron4x4America skid plate and their front bumper (not sure why they don't have the option for the bull bar but I'll have to add one). What skid are you running? Oh and what does that mean for the CV joint, start looking into RCV?

I'm still researching the lift. RC got back with me and said that the highest lift they offer without replacing the knuckles is the 3in. So far, i'm seeing that most members on here are favoring the JBA UCAs, so maybe i'll see if I can get the RC lift parts without the control arms then piece things together from there.
Thanks for you feedback on the 3.6!

Last edited:

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the Ram forum, use to live on the front range love the Rockies!!!

ANGLICO

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
Welcome Swabbie and Air Cavalry, Air Mobile! Nice truck!

Good luck on your next job.

Last edited:

JamesCrowe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you use 2018 Ram when you search for parts you will get a lot more results.
I'm not sure what of importance changed when the new body style came out and they kept building the old Gen 4 and called it a classic.
Do you have a particular offset in mind for the wheels? Most methods are either 0 or -12.
You could fit 35s on stock wheels, as mentioned.

I've yet to have the time to install yet, but I have Iron 4x4 skid plates and a bilstein 2"/1" lift with +35% weight rear springs.

Not tons out there I found for skid plate kits. You could piece together all the different factory skid plates if those parts are priced reasonably where you live.
RCI makes for the 5th gen but not our 4ths.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat