Fog lights replaced with new Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackmagik90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I just replaced my front bumper with a new one. The oem fogs would not work with the new bumper so I bought new ones from westin since it was a westin bumper. Well the problem I am having is that the wires for the fog lights got dirty from not plugging and thus blew a fuse. Anyone have a good idea as how to cover those? I was thinking of just cutting those plugs so I don't have that issue but I don't know if that will become an issue with making a check engine light come on. I have had an engine light come on because of the blown fuses.

TIA for any suggestions.

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would not cut the wires. Get some shrink tubing, seal the end shut and slide it over the plug and shrink it on the wire.

OP
OP
B

Blackmagik90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
14 Lonestar that worked beautifully btw. Just wanted to let you know your suggestion was super helpful. Also I would like to ask you, do you know if the active valence behind the bumper is needed to be kept installed or can you do without? I put it back on but could only get it installed on the bottom bolt so now it sits a little lower. I'm worried once the computer extends it during high speeds that it may be too low and it could hit something. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca