fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
You do good work. I'm impressed with the aluminum "Trays". If you broke that metal, you have skills. Light spacing is spot on... Let me guess, you're a machinist?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
great idea, looks perfect, we need a night shot

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you put any spot lights in there! A couple floods and a pair of spots would be intense!

OP
OP
K

kyle watson

Reaction score
Ram Year
96 ram 1500
Engine
5.9L
the flood reflectors would be just useless in front. IMO. all six parabola reflect for pensile beams yet the light spread is huge. I have so called stadium lights or zombie apocalypse lights if i really need it. rain on the lens does stunt the light notably. led focus tech still needs a little work. Crystal reflectors ruin a good led light and make it a short range white wash. like a bright marker light. maybe for a back up bumper light, crystals would look good.

amazing what 24w leds do these days though. old school 27w fog meet the new tech 24w fog. ONE pair would have been stronger compared to stock! I have the center two on all the time. the other four are switched off permanently. until I need to punish an ignorant high beam driver. BAM! I'm not a fan of being obnoxious. I just under estimated the pods.

If I posted a picture, you would need sun glasses to look at your computer! to verbily describe the light bank all on I couldn't write BRIGHT big enough!
JUST KIDDING. my one yellow clearance light is out and I didn't want a pict of that.

OP
OP
K

kyle watson

Reaction score
Ram Year
96 ram 1500
Engine
5.9L
had a little trouble to mention if you'all would like to try something like this. take a closer look to the first and second picture. I have dashes and measurements on the bumper, the dashes pertain to the upper bumper bracket that impedes the light install. some modifying there, had the cut the steel profile. at 4 3/4 the bracket is between the light housing and lens flange mount bolts. tight fit right there. I made allowance with the slide bolts I have up in the head top flange of pan. that was the only obstacle I had to work around.
on the chrome bumper, the plastic air damb slides into elongated slots. no mods were performed on the chrome. I used those holes for #10 stainless through bolts. that air duct mount flange was 1 1/8 at the top and 5/8 at the bottom, consequently plumb on the back side. I fit my box pan to that from the back side.
I should mass produce these and make some money! whats it worth? or just give away my ideas on ram forum...

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very nice. The 2nd gens were so much easier to work on, and make custom stuff for. Not to mention all the room you have to work with.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963