Fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seth_5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wondering if the switch will just snap in without any modifications
Depends on if you get a switch that is made to just snap in. If your truck doesn't currently have fog lights, but you want the switch, you can find a new switch that that replaces your current headlight dial and has the fog light connection on amazon.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Joseph Alphin

Joseph Alphin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 V6
It doesn't have factory fog lights . I want to install ones that fit the factory bumper location and use a separate switch . So a switch like the one I've attached should just snap in where the cover is ? Excuse my ignorance but this is the first Ram I've owned . Thanks upload_2019-8-24_21-56-35.png

Seth_5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It doesn't have factory fog lights . I want to install ones that fit the factory bumper location and use a separate switch . So a switch like the one I've attached should just snap in where the cover is ? Excuse my ignorance but this is the first Ram I've owned . Thanks View attachment 177658
Pop the cover off, measure the dimensions of the cutout. Then you can look on the part page or contact the seller of your switch to see if it will fit.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Be very careful, CAN bus vehicles (which includes 06+ Rams) are very sensitive to voltage variations and having their electrical systems messed with.

OP
OP
Joseph Alphin

Joseph Alphin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 V6
Are the 3rd gens pre-wired for fog lights ? I have looked under the front bumper and not found any wiring near the fog lamp location . If the wiring is there i will use a factory switch . I just recently added cruise control and the wiring was in place just added the switches and works perfectly
Thanks

92667038_548723296060703_6094020708499718144_o.jpg

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Note-most state laws require the fogs be wired into the headlight switch so that you have the running lights on at the same time as the fog lights. That way you can't just turn on the fogs without tail lights and run from cops. If the wiring is there somewhere, maybe the headlight switch is too. Try turning on your running lights and pulling gently on the switch- if it comes out, it's probably the right one for fog lights. You never know... Good luck

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It may be, only one way to find out. If so, then all you need are the lights themselves, the proper switch and to have it enabled in the computer.

OP
OP
Joseph Alphin

Joseph Alphin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 V6
If the wiring harness has this connector and the bulb has this connector , I will need an adapter or pig tail to connect , right? Sorry for all my dumb question , I just want to make sure I have all the parts I need . I assume I will need the jumper/adapter ThanksIMG-20120206-00223.jpg 9006-LED-Fog-Lights-bulb-Fit-For-2003-2008.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joseph Alphin

Joseph Alphin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 V6
Note-most state laws require the fogs be wired into the headlight switch so that you have the running lights on at the same time as the fog lights. That way you can't just turn on the fogs without tail lights and run from cops. If the wiring is there somewhere, maybe the headlight switch is too. Try turning on your running lights and pulling gently on the switch- if it comes out, it's probably the right one for fog lights. You never know... Good luck

law.justia.com/codes/north-carolina/2005/chapter_20/gs_20-131.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joseph Alphin

Joseph Alphin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 V6
I want be running from the law LOL . I dont know what the law is here in NC . But if these squatted truck are allowed , I dont see a problem LOL . I just use my truck back and forth to work and locally . I have a SUV for trips . . Thanks for the heads up. I will look up the NC laws

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for all the help . I got them installed and did have to have the computer programmed . $100 . Now onto my next project
Did they enable them as an export model?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Under US law, fogs can't stay on with high beams, which is why the fogs shut off when you use your high beams. With Mopar CAN bus vehicles, the fog lights can be set as export (meaning foreign model) and they stay on with the high beams. If a dealer did it they probably won't hook you up like that.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
They only work with parking lights and low beam . Not on high beam .Which is what I expected .
That was of the first things I changed on all of mine....I drive through some very DARK remote areas at night sometimes.