Fold Flat Floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So thankful for this thread! I've been watching for a fold flat floor for my 2018 crew cab. If not for the info here, I wouldn't have realized I could use the Quad cab floor. Pretty much by fluke I stumbled across a guy who had 2 quad cab floors for sale. The ad was 3 weeks old but still posted..and the price he had was 40 bucks per set! So I message right away at 6am saying I can come this afternoon with cash. (75 mile drive). 5 hrs go by..nothing. He had asked for best offer too so I thought he was waiting for a better offer? I'm literally driving home from work at 11. Boom! What time can you come? I'll be there by 1pm. I get there and the posters dad is actually selling them. Tired of having them in his garage & spring cleaning. Son took out a grey set from his 2012..then a black set from his 2017. In both cases took them out to put in subwoofers. In the case of the 2017 almost immediately after he bought the truck. So the 2017 is mint (see pic) and it turns out..... my carpet is black so perfect!!!

I'm buying a freaking lottery ticket when I buy 2 bolts and washers for the middle tomorrow!
Screenshot_20200506-184420_Kijiji.jpg

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So a few bits of unfinished business I dealt with this morning.

- The middle "tabs". I didn't like how they stuck up at the back and the tab metal is not that thick. So I drilled holes (easy and put in bolts, washers and nuts with loctite. Sturdier & looks better. Holes are small if I decide to take out the floor for some reason. I would just put trim plugs in. (I have a kit with tons of them)

Note! Gastanks and lines are under there! Would take a pretty long bit to hit but..better to know before you do me and drill the first hole & have an oh hell moment for a second!

- Much discussion about those anchor straps on the ends, cost of the snaps. I kept it simple and for 4 bucks bought a pack of small velcro squares in black. You can't even see them against the carpet if you use the carpeted velcro sides there!

So all in with bolts, washers, velcro & panels I have $50 canadian and 1.5 hours of work into the project. Very pleased. Like many say it'll usually be left in open position and def used! I rarely would have anyone riding in back

Journeyman83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know where I can get replacement parts on this? the floor in my 2017 has the plastic parts around the cup holders falling apart...need replacements.

Sasquatchtdg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
They must have updated them after my 2015, they are flimsy and cheap cardboard like material. The dogs have already destroyed the driver's side panel from jumping in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshuarb87