For those of you complaining about MPG's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
did anyone else notice the TINY decimal point between the 2 and the 5? I just did lol. it says 2.5 not 25

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sneaky ******** lol.... Not enough to lie about what it does, but then try to slip a decimal point in too!

Zack02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
275 sold! Holy hell. I guess they don't check the feedback.

They sold 6 more in 3 days..... assuming no returns, (which we know isnt true), they would have made a total of $6,901.36. Crazy.

dputnam01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Turbo Diesel
Damn, I've got a diesel. I can't take advantage of this new and amazing technology.

Mark Porter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There was a momentary hope in reading the title, then BAMM, shatter my world!

I've been to two dealerships that say because I have the 3.92 axle I should expect no more than the 12MPG combined (though I've never towed anything). Area Manager concurred. Now I have a case open with the attorney general's office up here in VT. I just want them to fix the dang thing.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

I've been to two dealerships that say because I have the 3.92 axle I should expect no more than the 12MPG combined (though I've never towed anything). Area Manager concurred. Now I have a case open with the attorney general's office up here in VT. I just want them to fix the dang thing.
Pure ********. My 2017 has the 3.92 and I drve 1/2 local stop & go and the rest highway at 75 - 85 heavy on the pedal and I average 16 mpg. I have gotten 21 going 65 mph on level ground for 40 miles.

Last edited:

Weebear

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
My muffler bearing gave me more power and mileage!!!! Then I put the summer air in the tires and WOW what a difference.
Jay

Summer air in your tires?!?! Holy crap - I never thought about that! I bought my truck in December and all this time I have been driving around with the same old winter air in the tires!

Oh, man, here it is, basically fall now. I guess I will just have to wait until next May to replace my air - unless this guy on eBay can throw in a can of summer air with his race chip. Just wait - I'll leave all y'all in the dust!

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
And I should also look into switching to fall air in the tires-cant be too safe!

Tahoebronco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Summer air in your tires?!?! Holy crap - I never thought about that! I bought my truck in December and all this time I have been driving around with the same old winter air in the tires!

Oh, man, here it is, basically fall now. I guess I will just have to wait until next May to replace my air - unless this guy on eBay can throw in a can of summer air with his race chip. Just wait - I'll leave all y'all in the dust!

But you really need to tweek the manaform on the adjustment arm and then fart a lot to take advantage of the tail wind.

OP
OP
JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
My dad said way back in the day, he was looking at a car and the salesman's pitch was, "This baby has dual points and cross country ashtrays!". I understand the dual points, but have never figured out the cross country ashtrays. Maybe they're big so you can smoke all the way across the country and never fill it up?

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in

When I drive like a 14 yr old and in /about hilly areas, I get about that.

When I drive like the Old Man I actually am, n interstate, 17mpg is average, on most days.