Possible dual mic setup (aftermarket)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kelyn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
So Im determine to have dual mics like my 2018 Ram 1500 comes with. I am aware that the aftermarket radios either can't due to ohms or something like that and/or just not wanting to deal with it. Either way, I plan on getting the following stereo Joying 10.5inch 6gb Ram/128gb Rom I've been talking to the ebay guy at email [email protected]. They do have the harness for our trucks, you will need to make sure to note on the order what harness that you need. I've been emailing him for awhile so you may just need to say "Same as Keith Manns". Either way he will be able to go back to the conversation and see which harness it is. Remember my truck is the 2018 Ram Tradesman. Here are the pictures he provided for the harness 153D877226855A5B4754154118A8CD48.png

Now the main thing or reason for this post is that I plan to still use dual mics like our trucks come with. Except I cant use the factory mics of course, but I can use something like this to do it 2.5MM 4 CONDUCTOR TRRS Y-SPLIT:1 MALE TO 2 FEMALE 4 CONDUCTOR ADAPTER CABLE Install it where their mic would be and then either ask them to send you two mics or purchase aftermark mic on your own. Ive found this would which I think it would be good to use as the mic isnt a 360 mic but just straight. Same way the mics in the trucks are pointing straight down at your head Galabox 2.5mm Microphone GM-012GC Mic for Car Vehicle Stereo Radio GPS DVD Bluetooth Enabled Head Unit Im concerned as the mic they Joying sends, its 11.5 ft and this one is 9 ft. Just hoping its enough to reach the overhead. If there is anyone who may have tried this or have a current Joying Radio, could you enlighten us on your experience with external mics vs internal mic in your screen I would appreciate it.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So Im determine to have dual mics like my 2018 Ram 1500 comes with. I am aware that the aftermarket radios either can't due to ohms or something like that and/or just not wanting to deal with it. Either way, I plan on getting the following stereo Joying 10.5inch 6gb Ram/128gb Rom I've been talking to the ebay guy at email [email protected]. They do have the harness for our trucks, you will need to make sure to note on the order what harness that you need. I've been emailing him for awhile so you may just need to say "Same as Keith Manns". Either way he will be able to go back to the conversation and see which harness it is. Remember my truck is the 2018 Ram Tradesman. Here are the pictures he provided for the harness View attachment 483614

Now the main thing or reason for this post is that I plan to still use dual mics like our trucks come with. Except I cant use the factory mics of course, but I can use something like this to do it 2.5MM 4 CONDUCTOR TRRS Y-SPLIT:1 MALE TO 2 FEMALE 4 CONDUCTOR ADAPTER CABLE Install it where their mic would be and then either ask them to send you two mics or purchase aftermark mic on your own. Ive found this would which I think it would be good to use as the mic isnt a 360 mic but just straight. Same way the mics in the trucks are pointing straight down at your head Galabox 2.5mm Microphone GM-012GC Mic for Car Vehicle Stereo Radio GPS DVD Bluetooth Enabled Head Unit Im concerned as the mic they Joying sends, its 11.5 ft and this one is 9 ft. Just hoping its enough to reach the overhead. If there is anyone who may have tried this or have a current Joying Radio, could you enlighten us on your experience with external mics vs internal mic in your screen I would appreciate it.
Installing a second microphone doesn't necessarily result in better sound quality. The software on the receiving end must be able to utilize input from two microphones and process the input properly. Combining them in an analog way may result in an unusable signal

The only way this will work in the scenario you describe is if you buy a two microphone unit that has its own processing before it sends the needed signal to the aftermarket radio.

Generally speaking, this is why the factory microphones aren't used by the aftermarket radios. It doesn't know how to process the factory signal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf