Front Driveshaft no grease fitting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Has anyone noticed the front driveshaft no longer has the Cardan joint to lubricate My 15 got greased regularly.

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
Has anyone noticed the front driveshaft no longer has the Cardan joint to lubricate My 15 got greased regularly.
Isn’t it a CV joint now, or something like that?

HDGoose

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 Diesel HO
I had to show a couple of dealer the grease fitting on my 2013 Ram 2500.

OP
OP
ddown

ddown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I greased my 15 also I was a little shocked never Knew other one was a problem

RandomRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Are there any lube points on the 2019+ HD trucks? I’m about to service mine, do it myself.

I’m not necessarily opposed to sealed u joints. I replaced the u joints on my 1988 Chevy K2500 last year, 2 of the 3 were original with 215k on them. Original carrier bearing was toast too. The one joint that was not original was at the pinion end of the drive shaft.

AnthonyD1978

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
FYI: Went under my 2019 Power Wagon with 9k miles today just to inspect the truck. Front drive shaft has a puncture/tear in the rubber boot where it enters the transfer case. Throwing some grease, but it isn't bad because the tear is inside the "cup" of the boot. I hope they cover it under warranty.

Just picked up the truck a month ago from a RAM dealer. Has hardly been driven. Probably picked it up with the tear.

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
19 power wagon

I got under mine today and I did not see any grease points on the drive shafts. They are sealed. I wanted to use my new electric powered grease gun too, oh well.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm guessing it's a no but I wonder if that new part could be swapped over the earlier generations? I don't mind greasing mine but I'm just curious.

AnthonyD1978

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
FYI: Went under my 2019 Power Wagon with 9k miles today just to inspect the truck. Front drive shaft has a puncture/tear in the rubber boot where it enters the transfer case. Throwing some grease, but it isn't bad because the tear is inside the "cup" of the boot. I hope they cover it under warranty.

Just picked up the truck a month ago from a RAM dealer. Has hardly been driven. Probably picked it up with the tear.

FYI. They are covering mine under warranty. Front drive shafts are on back order though.

Groo

Reaction score
Ram Year
shopping
Engine
shopping
you can of course change your U-joints to greaseable, but why do it before they fail? non-greaseable are actually slightly stronger since they don't have holes drilled in them.